Differenced between L3560HSDC and L4060HSDC

/ Differenced between L3560HSDC and L4060HSDC #1  

Kubotafan

Veteran Member
Tractor
G1800AWS, B3030HSDCC, L3540HSTCC, JD710A
I am wondering how much difference would be seen in power between the L3560 and the L4060 tractors. The L4060 has a few more HP but is also a little larger frame and heavier in weight. The L4760 is same size frame as the L4060 but you pay a lot for the extra HP.

/ Differenced between L3560HSDC and L4060HSDC #2  
It will depend mostly on what you expect to be doing with it. You could notice the difference on pto-driven attachments, for example, where a 40-ish hp tractor would comfortably drive a 6 ft. bush hog and the 35 hp machine might struggle in some situations doing the same thing. You'd probably not notice any difference mowing light material on smooth, level ground. Going uphill in thick brush... you're going to want the bigger herd of ponies up front.

Exaamples of other attachments where horsepower makes a difference: tiller, logging winch, snowblower, powered landscaping attachments... anything where a long, steady load on the engine occurs. Similarly, pulling a plow or disc, etc. across a field demands steady power.

For other things - lifting and carrying things, pulling someone out of a snowbank, grading a driveway, etc. - you're limited more by available traction than you are by available power, so you'll spin the wheels before the engine stalls.

The 4060 also moves you up to a more powerful front end loader that lifts more and digs better. Depending on what you're doing, that can also be important.

/ Differenced between L3560HSDC and L4060HSDC #3  
You will notice the difference in weight more than you will the horsepower between the L3560 and the L4060 although horsepower does make a difference. There will be a huge difference when you move to the the L4760. Of course you can always add weight if necessary. It depends on what your planned uses for the tractor. You are moving closer to the mid size utility tractor with the 4760 so it will be more versatile. If you are going to be using any hydraulic attachments be sure to check the gpm and hydraulic pressure ratings. That will tell you a lot about the capabilities of the tractor. I am a Kubota fan they have served me well for 30 years. For the big stuff I prefer green paint although we have had pretty good luck with Ford/New Holland as well.

/ Differenced between L3560HSDC and L4060HSDC #4  
Grandad4 hit it perfect;the added FEL capacity alone is worth the extra cost.