Different jobs for Tractors

/ Different jobs for Tractors #1  
Hello everyone. Today my question is not directly about tractors but more about what we can do with them for extra work. About 6 years ago we bought 160 acres and moved from the city to start farming. I quickly found that I love farming but it's not exactly a payday everyday type of gig, so my wife and I had to take full time jobs as most smaller farmers do.

Recently due to a large land sale about 80 acres, I was able to become a full time farmer and I'm only 32 years old. I know that financially we will be ok but I feel as though there is more i can do with my tractor than just make hay. It's a 33hp mahindra and I'd love to spend more time in the seat actually making money.

So my question is what do some of you guys do with your smaller tractors to make extra cash. On or off farm odd jobs or whatever. I was thinking of firewood cutting and splitting or possibly garden and lawn maintenance. I'm looking for any ideas as I'm not as creative as I'd like to be. I live in saskatchewan canada so its very seasonal here with long cold winters and hot short summers.

Haying probably still won't start for a couple weeks yet as we got a cold spring this year. I'm hoping to put up around 3000 square bales but we will see how the weather cooperates.

Any ideas or experiences you would like to share would be most appreciated. Thanks

/ Different jobs for Tractors #2  
If you live close to a city you can mow vacant lots for realtors. A realtor saw me mowing my pasture one day and asked if I would mow his vacant lot across the street. After that I started getting calls from other realtors asking to mow their vacant lots. I ended up buying a trailer and did this kind of mowing for several years.

/ Different jobs for Tractors #3  
mowing, grading driveways ,digging post holes ,snow removal? and haying.that is all i can think of.

/ Different jobs for Tractors #4  
Gotta use your imagination. How many city kids have been on a hay ride? :).
I would say anything you do for yourself u can do for others.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Different jobs for Tractors #5  
Grading driveways, road shoulder mowing for the township, snow removal, custom garden/ yard work, post-hole digging, manure spreading, back-filling around basements...

the list goes on..... good luck.

/ Different jobs for Tractors #6  
The hayride mentioned above reminded me. Last Halloween I took some of our friends and neighbor kids on a hayride through our development. They all had a great time, and so did I. You might advertize on on Clist a couple of weeks before Halloween and make some money. Not sure about insurance needs.
Do you have a set of forks and a chain saw? You might remove unwanted trees for people. You can really get rid of a tree fast if you can pick it up and load it in big pieces, you could also sell the firewood from good burning trees.