Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck

/ Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck
Last pic is of the wife dumping the dirt up by the house. She has always liked playing with my toys and driving fast cars. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 573469-Finished walls, Mary tractor 007 (650 x 488).jpg
    573469-Finished walls, Mary tractor 007 (650 x 488).jpg
    90 KB · Views: 625
   / Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck #12  
Nice pics.
I was wondering why you had the crazy footers... then I saw the concrete walls. Not too familiar with that type construction.

Murphy's law on the trucks getting stuck and all. Guess there's something to be said for waiting til summer, but construction goes year round these days.

Great looking pic of your tractor at work, too!

/ Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck #13  
It always amazes me when I see pics of footings in other places. Here in central NC they are always dug into the ground, not set on top. Our footings are 6 x16 for 1 story, 8 x 18 for 1 story on a basement, and 8 x 20 for 2 story, and we dig them into the ground.
Here almost every concrete plant has gone to front loader trucks , and they are all wheel drive. When they poured my basement, the driver drove around the house and stuck the chute in the basement door, not to amazing till you see that I only cleared about 30 ft outside the foot print

/ Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck #14  
One of my friends used to have a concrete plant in NC with front pour trucks. He moved back up here and is the only one with them. Pretty slick to watch him. He's got inching the truck and moving the chute side to side to a science. Everyone else calls them backwards trucks.

/ Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck #15  
Great pics and great view. Keep us up to date on your home. Gotta love a gal that like tractors. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck
Boy wish they had those trucks here. They brought in a pumper truck to do the 50 yards in the walls.

The pumper truck runs $125 an hour with a 3 hour minimum, $50 trip fee and $2.25 per yard pumped.

Attachments

• 573845-Pump truck (560 x 712).jpg
    573845-Pump truck (560 x 712).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 424
   / Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck #17  
I can relate to your pain E1! We started building our new house three years ago this February. All was dry and/or frozen until concrete days. Rather than put the drive in, only to have it trashed we agreed with the builder to have an excavator on-site to help the mixers in and out. It was pretty cool to watch. I put some pictures in this thread.

Enjoy that homebuilding process, it's hectic, stressful but tons of fun /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Digging a basement & getting big trucks stuck #18  
I saw them use one of those pumper trucks when constructing the building next to where I work. They poured 12 floors plus 4 floors below ground. They had two trucks dumping into the hopper at one time. I'd hate to see the bill for building that building.