Dipper Stick snapped in half

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #151  
I would bill him, but I always work for free. I actually get paid for being a little crazy.

Ya gotta do what you're good at.

=======================

Geezo, I've spent this whole rainy morning doing interwebs. Getting a good case of chair poisoning. See y'all laters.

Was there not a TBN thread ... something about .... how much an hour we are worth?

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #152  
Now be honest,didnt you (Eddie) wreck or break and cars of his when you were younger? lolI sure know my kids have..

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #153  
Eddie, I don't think that's a bad price with the high cost of labor and the amount of prep work that went into the repair. I'm thrilled that you'll soon be back in business. I wish the used dipper had been a fit, but wishin' don't make it so.;)

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #154  
Lew's called and said the Dipper was ready to be picked up. Cost will be $600

I'll post pics when I pick it up in the morning.

Eddie

Didn't take to long for the repair Eddie..
I really want some actions shots of you and your dad putting the stick back on the backhoe. Good luck with that.. Hope it goes as smooth as the removal.

Wedge

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half
Now be honest,didnt you (Eddie) wreck or break and cars of his when you were younger? lolI sure know my kids have..

When I was in the Marine Corps, I was driving my Dad's 1983 Chevy Blazer with a diesel. I think it was a 6.2, but don't remember for sure. He was sitting next to me and complaining that I was going too fast. The transmission made a loud noise and pretty much stoped working. I think he blamed me for that ever since then, but even with the repair shop said it was from towing in OD and not the speed that I was going, he still brought it up from time to time.

A year later, I let him borrow my CJ5 for a week of hunting in the mountains with my brothers. I couldn't get up there until the end of the week. When I got there, he and my brother told me that it had overheated and that they couldn't find the radiator cap anymore. they had a soda can, cut in half, over the cap and a five gallon water jug in the back of my jeep to add to it as they drove around the dirt roads.

It had the AMC 304 V8 that was alright, but all orignal and stock. The next week, I had water in my oil and a cracked block.

I grew up as the free labor on my parents rental properties. I spent a month after school removing the engine from their first motor home. I sanded and replaced the convertable top on his car. I pulled and rebuilt the engine on that car, and on another that he had.

I'm sure I owe him for something that I did as a kid, but it was my brother who wrecked the car. My other brother borrowed that motor home while building his house and destroyed it to the point that they abandoned it at a scrap yard when he was done.

I'm sure that this is payback, but I haven't figured out for what yet. Maybe I'm just building up credit for when I pull one of my brothers stunts? :thumbsup:

Eddie

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #156  
^^^ My parents always told me they were helping me gain experience when I was doing jobs from them...

Looking back... in large part they were right.

Didn't know about your brothers... older, younger, live far from Tyler or never moved from Hayward?

In many families I know, the boys always had to make good on their mistakes... for some reason, the girls always seemed to get a pass...

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #157  
My Dad passed 10 years ago. I missed his funeral because of the air travel shutdown after 9/11.

I would give $600 every single day to have him back and working on projects with me.

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #158  
I'm sure that this is payback, but I haven't figured out for what yet. Maybe I'm just building up credit for when I pull one of my brothers stunts? :thumbsup:

Eddie

I kid my friends that the reason I'm losing my hair is payback for having my hair down to my shoulders and a beard to match in high school against my Mom's wishes.

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #159  
My Dad passed 10 years ago. I missed his funeral because of the air travel shutdown after 9/11.

I would give $600 every single day to have him back and working on projects with me.

Ten years for me too...

People still will recognize the name and say king things about both my Grandfather and Father... Grand Dad passed away in 1973...

Treat people right and they remember.

Dad was very leery when I bought the CAT D3 because his very close friend died in a Dozer accident in the late 1950's up on Mount Hamilton near San Jose CA

He stressed safety and think before you act... things I remember every day.

/ Dipper Stick snapped in half #160  
:laughing::laughing: I have been seeing this thread for a few days now and have been wondering how there can be so much talk over a broken oil dip stick! Now I know, wrong "Dip Stick" for sure! :p