DirectTV Question

/ DirectTV Question #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
I've had DirectTV for many years now... BUT the last few days, when the comericals start playing, you can't hit the mute button fast enough... the volumn must double during comercials and will blast you out of the room... does this happen to others? Driving me crazy.

mark

/ DirectTV Question #2  
I get the same thing, but it does seem to vary between channels.

Chuck

/ DirectTV Question #3  
I have tried to complain to DirecTV about our local channels. They have very loud distorted commercials, and they don't sound near that bad direct off the air, just through DirecTV. I have never been able to find the correct department at DirecTV to address this. I've tried complaining to the local stations engineering staff as well with zero results.
Its to the point I may cancel the inclusion of the local channels and just pull them directly off the air. You are correct though many network originated commercials are just too dang loud compared to the regular programming. Seems like they'd figure this out, that many people hit mute and hear none of their advertising dollars.:confused:

/ DirectTV Question #4  
I'm hard of hearing and they are too loud for me. As I understand it they can make the commercial as load as the loudest sound in the program they sponsoring. If they have a gunshot or a scream they they can broadcast the commercial at that sound level.

/ DirectTV Question
I'm thinking three colors for DirectTV... Green, pink up the phone and say yellow... Talked to a guy the other day and could only understand about every other word... asked where he was calling from and he said India... I spent many years in the Philippines and I'm used to broken english but nothing like this!

mark

/ DirectTV Question #6  
I've had DirectTV for many years now... BUT the last few days, when the comericals start playing, you can't hit the mute button fast enough... the volumn must double during comercials and will blast you out of the room... does this happen to others? Driving me crazy.

mark

Here is how I would approach this. First of all you must know that each and every customer is rated. When you call the CSR's will have that information on the screen in front of them. Of course your rating will be based on the amount of programing you buy and the regularity of your pay and the length of your being a customer.

Now based on that, I would call the DTV customer service department. I would complain about your problem, and ask them if there are more updated recievers available. If you talk real nice, and you are a customer who is rated very high....you could get a brand new reciever for a few dollars.

Try to get that to happen and then see if your problem with the volume isn't taken care of. I would suspect that your reciever has a bit of a problem.

/ DirectTV Question #7  
I have Time Warner and have the Same prblm with the sound also on the High deff channels the complete sound leveal is lower

DougM

/ DirectTV Question #8  
I have Time Warner and have the Same prblm with the sound also on the High deff channels the complete sound leveal is lower

DougM

We have Comcast and experience the same thing with the HD channels, the volume jumps so much when the commercial comes on that the dogs all start barking! If I have a choice I will choose the non-HD channel just so I don't have to hit the volume control every time a commercial comes on.

/ DirectTV Question #9  
Here is how I would approach this. First of all you must know that each and every customer is rated. When you call the CSR's will have that information on the screen in front of them. Of course your rating will be based on the amount of programing you buy and the regularity of your pay and the length of your being a customer.

Now based on that, I would call the DTV customer service department. I would complain about your problem, and ask them if there are more updated recievers available. If you talk real nice, and you are a customer who is rated very high....you could get a brand new reciever for a few dollars.

Try to get that to happen and then see if your problem with the volume isn't taken care of. I would suspect that your reciever has a bit of a problem.

I hadn't thought about it, but you may have a good point there. We don't have the problem with the commercials being louder anymore than we have had it with an antenna, cable, or Dish TV, but our current DirecTV receivers are less than 5 months old, and we just might be one of their best customers since I'm paying for just about everything they have to offer.:(

/ DirectTV Question #10  
I suspect it is because youwatch them in HD. And I sure do there is no comparison in the picture quality. But for some reason i have never figured out the sound on the HD channles is lower and you must turn up the volume. Thus when the local ads come on the volume goes up to SD level. Don't know about yours but my TV has a volume level control that will automatically keep the volume at the same level. It has to be turned on cause it is off by default. Also most newer ones have a setting whre you can set the maximum sound level it it will not go over that.