dirt pan

/ dirt pan #21  
You can look under some of my posts...Digging with an L39. I have over 600 hours pulling a DP 60 1.5 yard dirt pan with an L39 in sand and clay. I can pretty much answer any questions you might have.
Ryer

/ dirt pan
Here is a 1 yd pan I found today if anyone is looking for one of the Overland's

Drag Type Dirt Pan

/ dirt pan #24  
   / dirt pan #26  
I'd better drag mine in the barn, and lock it up..!! $1200.00..?? Wow..!!

I have always known that they weren't cheap, but I would be willing to give you your $100. investment back, and say another $100 for inflation. Wouldn't want you to loose money on the deal. That will allow you to sleep at night and not have to worry about it getting stolen out of your field, or have to drag it to the barn and take up valueable space. As far as the $1200.00, it will probably sell to someone (else).
David from jax

/ dirt pan #27  
I have always known that they weren't cheap, but I would be willing to give you your $100. investment back, and say another $100 for inflation. Wouldn't want you to loose money on the deal. That will allow you to sleep at night and not have to worry about it getting stolen out of your field, or have to drag it to the barn and take up valueable space. As far as the $1200.00, it will probably sell to someone (else).
David from jax
Thanks, but no thanks... Not done with it yet... LOL..

Where I messed up, is when I found a second one for $250.00, and told one of the guys I worked with. It had been setting in the "rust row" as we call it, for a couple of months. Stopped the next day going home, with cash in hand, and they said it was sold :mad:. That guy bought it.

I'd like to do a modification to it, adding a hydraulic cylinder on the tongue, to pull on the cable, operating the apron. As it is, the cable hook to the top link on the tractor, and opens the apron when tyou drop the cutting edge, and closes when you pick it up.

Would be sweet to have one on each side, to dump, or hold in a 3/4 dump position, instead of having to hook it in the ground, and rolling over to dump. But I can live with that.

The great thing about it is, there is a catch in the, about half dump position, and you can grade with it. I use it to grade the driveway, and does a good job.

/ dirt pan
I ended up finding a hold-over durabilt DP 60 dirt pan at a dealership which quit carrying Durabilt equipment at the "old" price before Durabilt got "bought" out..............

I am impressed with this pan and can't believe how much dirt I moved this past summer in the 160 hours I put on the ole Ford 4000.
I will try to post some pics when I get a chance.....