Dealer Disappearing Kioti Dealers

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #21  
It is actually sad to see because I think competition is a good thing, but 3 of the 4 Kioti dealers in my area have gone away. There have been some other off brands pop up that I believe are inferior to Kioti though. I doubt they will last long. To me, they sell strictly on price, with no quality points.

This is only speculation (so take it at that), but it seems that the Kioti dealers near me failed when they raised their prices to where they were priced similar to the big three model tractors sold around here. It seems that when they were priced the same as a comparable Kubota, they seemed to lose every time without having any price advantage. The one dealer left with Kioti kept trying to steer me to the Branson line he also carries when I priced out a Kioti a year or so ago. :confused: I wasn't shopping for a Branson.

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #22  
From what ive heard in the past they are weeding out the smaller dealerships. The Kiotis should be a little cheaper then the big three.. They dont have the overhead.. In my area, the Kiotis are quite a bit cheaper then the big three, one of the Kioti dealers i shopped at last year also sold New Holland and Kioti together for a bit. He told me he was selling 3 Kiotis to one New Holland and therfore dropped the NH line. There is another Kioti dealership who just opened up 12 miles from me as well.. His prices are excellent from quotes i got from a friend who is shopping for a tractor , its going to mean alot more Kiotis being sold in my area. The local Highway department is buying them as well.

Last edited:
   / Disappearing Kioti Dealers #23  
As a "small Kioti" dealer, I'll interject that I think price increases, and shorter floor plan terms, different discount structure and the like have worked against some small dealers and some mulit line dealers that had Kioti as a low price line. The newer models of Kioti tractors, In my own and admittedly biased opinion, are world class. Kioti is no longer a "cheap" tractor, (we have the chinese for that). I would describe Kioti as a "value" tractor. If you only compare HP, then yes, you can find Kubotas in the same price range as the current Kiotis. What Kioti is missing in some HP ranges is the budget gear drive tractor, I have been told it is coming. As for dealers disappearing, it is probably happening on all brands, especially in some of the draught affected areas. In my part of Arkansas we are 10" behind in rain this year. The tractor business is a tough business. A lot of fun, but tough. Could be a lot of reasons why some "disappear". In my area, last year a major red tractor company disappeared...we are located in thier old store now, having expanded this spring.

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #24  
bluechip said:
The newer models of Kioti tractors, In my own and admittedly biased opinion, are world class.

Actually, you bring up a very good point with that statement. You darn well should be biased towards what you sell. Maybe if the one dealer left with Kioti in my area were to have that attitude he would have more success. Although he is a very personable guy, I did think it was rather poor salesmanship to try to push me towards the Branson line.

I can't recall the thread, but if you can find it, I posted pictures of that trip to the Kioti/Branson dealer. He was having one of his techs run a Branson around the block to test it (it has just been set up), and a minivan rammed the Branson from behind, spinning it around and flipping it. I posted pics of the Branson on it's side. Hey, at least I can say for certain that the Branson's ROPS works. Also, I can say for certain that I'll never use a tractor without a seatbelt on if the tractor has a ROPS. The tech was pretty banged up and his knee was certainly messed up when he was thrown off the tractor and the ROPS did a number on his knee.

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #25  
In my local area over the past 5 years:

Two New Holland Dealers closed. Another NH opened, lasted a year and closed. A John Deere Dealership closed. A New Holland/Kubota dealership no longer sells Kubota...picked up John Deere. Of 4 Kioti dealerships, 3 are still viable, the fourth Kioti dealership, the owner retired and closed the doors.

Don

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #26  
albmn10 said:
From what ive heard in the past they are weeding out the smaller dealerships. The Kiotis should be a little cheaper then the big three.. .

Now, since we have Kioti dealers watching, let's get that point correct. That is that they should be a little less expensive than the big three. ;)

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #27  
TBDonnelly said:
In my local area over the past 5 years:

Two New Holland Dealers closed. Another NH opened, lasted a year and closed. A John Deere Dealership closed. A New Holland/Kubota dealership no longer sells Kubota...picked up John Deere.

I have seen one CNH franchise dropped. That was because of a spat between that dealer and CNH about the dealer's other line; JD. Rather than build "separate but equal" showrooms for the two, he opted to let the CNH franchise go.

Although I'm sure it has happened, I've never seen where a JD or Kubota dealer has gone out of business. A few have changed hands, but not gone under. When selling, the JD and Kubota dealerships get plenty of 'blue sky' for the franchise as well. Again, not saying that I don't believe you, but I've definitely never seen a JD or Kubota dealership go under.

And, please re-read my first post and you'll see that I'd rather the Kioti dealerships not have closed. Granted, they were smaller dealers without the ability to perform any major repairs and had no parts department to speak of, I'd still rather have seen Kioti sell the franchise to another dealer rather than close the point. Whether I buy Kioti or not, their presence and competition in a marketplace should be viewed as a good thing.

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #28  
And, please re-read my first post......

Don't need to Brent, I was replying to the thread topic in general, not specifically to your post. Your post wasn't there when I started typing. With this new format the reader can't tell who the post was meant for unless addressed within the post....

Don

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #29  
TBDonnelly said:
With this new format the reader can't tell who the post was meant for unless addressed within the post....Don
Yes and I hate that about this new format. I wish that, that part were changed. Half the time, I forget to address the post to who it is directed.

/ Disappearing Kioti Dealers #30  
JerryG said:
Yes and I hate that about this new format. I wish that, that part were changed. Half the time, I forget to address the post to who it is directed.

are you aware that there are different diplay modes for this site?