Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #11  
You are correct ; they have one length cable (too long)for all applications. Here are some pictures of how I routed the cable on my x749 to get the chute to work smoothly.

DSC_0023 (Large).JPGDSC_0033 (Large).JPGDSC_0035 (Large).JPGDSC_0036 (Large).JPGDSC_0034 (Large).JPG

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #12  
My Simplicity has the mount on the side of the dash.
Does your handle have to turn a quarter way to lock and unlock? Is yours spring controled to spring open?

Last edited:
   / Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control
You are correct ; they have one length cable (too long)for all applications. Here are some pictures of how I routed the cable on my x749 to get the chute to work smoothly.

Hey! I like your routing job. I'm going to try something like that with mine. Do you remember where you got the extra mounting loops? I could use that short one that you have mounted on the blower housing.

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #14  
Well their is a simple solution, buy a cab. No but seriously, I have to agree with you, it is kind of flimsy. The dash mount on my 2305 makes it nice and solid, and definitely not hard to operate. Having the control is like day and night. Here a few pictures, you can see where I have routed my cable, particularly in the bottom ring. Either way I suspect that by January you will be looking for a cab. :laughing: DSCF6666.jpgDSCF6668.jpg

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #15  
Hey! I like your routing job. I'm going to try something like that with mine. Do you remember where you got the extra mounting loops? I could use that short one that you have mounted on the blower housing.

Looks good, but I wonder how the cable going to react with the spout turn all the way to the left. Nice setup.

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control
Well their is a simple solution, buy a cab. No but seriously, I have to agree with you, it is kind of flimsy. The dash mount on my 2305 makes it nice and solid, and definitely not hard to operate. Having the control is like day and night. Here a few pictures, you can see where I have routed my cable, particularly in the bottom ring. Either way I suspect that by January you will be looking for a cab. :laughing:

A cab is not an option for me as it will not fit in my storage shed. Your cable routing is pretty much the way JD recommends in the instructions. It doesn't work too well on the 2720 as it causes the cable to pass directly over the exhaust opening just behind where the front ring is. Others have reported problems with the exhaust melting the plastic jacket which is why I chose an alternate routing from the get-go.

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #17  
Got-it, now I see where the exhaust is coming out. :eek:

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #18  
How tight is the nut where the bracket at the end of the cable connects to the top of the chute? should be fairly loose. I usually put some grease on the bolt. You're right the cable is very long. did you try disconnecting the cable where it connects to the chute and see if it frees up?

jgayman, I reread all of the post and the only bolt-nut that also needs to be free to move and was not mention is the "L" shape bracket on the chute. That would be the bracket just before the end bracket. Just a shot in the dark.

/ Disappointed with JD Remote Spout Control #19  

I went down to my local dealer and sifted through some stuff he had on the shelf. Sorry but I didn't keep a record of the part #.