Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #41  
Robert,
Ask the dealer if they will temporarily change you to a different wheel/ tire combination. Even if it' R4's. That's a relatively cheap and free thing to do and might make the difference. It wouldn't be the worst thing if you had to change to a different tire, even a bias ply. If that was all it took you might actually like the machine and feel better about having bought it. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water as my Dad would always say!

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator
I talked with the Kubota guy today and he told me the lowest tire pressure I can lower to and see if it helps. He also explained that the way they mount the cab may be the problem and that the bucking could be the cab and not the tractor but there is no way I can see that from sitting inside it. If the tire pressure doesn't fix the problem and it is actually the cab mounts then they have a way to try and change that. He also told me there is a plastic sleeve that can slide over the 3pt lift levers that will help with the noise of metal vibrating against metal. So there are a few things I can try.

I will keep the idea of changing the tires in hopes that it helps. One thing the Kubota guy did tell me is that the rear tires are the flat tread European design and he wasn't sure if we could still get that style for the fronts as the front tires are standard ag tires which are more rounded. He said on very hard ground the front tires could be my problem since the lugs will bounce more then the flat treads on the back because it rides mainly on the center ridge on the fronts. I can reduce the pressure but reducing the pressure will lead to more wear on the tires. So its going to be interesting to see if I can get it figured out and running smooth.

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #43  
Might be worth mounting a tripod/camera to your RTV and having your daughter follow you in it so that she can stop the RTV and make a stable video from to show what exactly is bouncing.

Aaron Z

I haven't bought the RTV yet. Had the deal all set but just haven't pulled the trigger. Been too busy with the rest of the farm to even think about it till you just mentioned it :D

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #45  
I haven't bought the RTV yet. Had the deal all set but just haven't pulled the trigger. Been too busy with the rest of the farm to even think about it till you just mentioned it :D

Ah, I thought I had read a post where you said that she was having fun driving the RTV around... My bad.

Aaron Z

Ah, I thought I had read a post where you said that she was having fun driving the RTV around... My bad.

Aaron Z

I did write something similar to that, just that it was more in line of "she was having fun driving my friends RTV around" :)

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #47  
I did write something similar to that, just that it was more in line of "she was having fun driving my friends RTV around" :)
That makes sense... Good luck on finding the root cause. Sounds like having someone watch while it is happening will be the only way to fully diagnose it...

Aaron Z

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #48  
We have a standard M9540 Kubota and I can understand some of your troubles. It seems to ride rougher than most other tractors in that size class I have used. I attribute this to two things, first is the light weight. It's no secret that Kubota's are lighter weight than most comparably sized Deere's. Further compounding the problem is that most Kubota's are very light on the back end. (in your case I'd try adding more weight to the rear and take some off the front). Also, on ours the radial tires are just something I have never gotten used to. They are supposed to ride smoother but to me they ride terribly. I think this is due to the flat tread profile and square corners. If you get on any kind of a crown the square edges of the tread are hitting and it shakes the whole tractor, very annoying trying to drive down a gravel road. With that said, overall we a pleased with the tractor. At the time we got it the 5000 series Deere offerings were slim in that size and the 6000 series was a bit too much money, so the M9540 Kubota fit the bill well.

As for the Deere build you own calculator, I agree. The function of it is terrible, it's not user friendly and by the time you add up all the 'contact dealer' options you don't really know what the price is anyways. My general rule of thumb is to take 15% off the MSRP given on the web (for Deere or Kubota), but then you also have to figure in various rebates and price packages which can make a big difference.

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #49  
Hard to believe factory wheels would be out of round, but worth checking. Really sounds like the tires. Or front to rear ballasting.
As posted earlier a video from outside might be a big help. Can you get someone to drive it down the road and someone to drive you alongside so you can video?
Possibly the easiest checks you could do would be vary inflation. Try dropping down the the fronts to remove the crown. Try airing up the rears to get rid of the "flat". Not suggesting that you run this way, just for testing. If you find a solution maybe you can then get the dealer or Kubota to swap you different tires. I would also contact the tire manufacture and ask about cure for bouncing.

If you can get the dealer to swap different wheels and tires that's worth a try too. Can you find your model on a dealer's lot and then test drive it? Seems if Kubota can't fix it they would have to buy it back.

I have not been able to get JD's build your own to load. I was using Windows Explorer 9. Switching to Google Chrome and JD's build your own loads.

/ Disappointed with John Deeres build your own calculator #50  
The problem with this thread is the owner is unhappy with the kabota tractor most Mfg are going to put msrp on there website its not the Mfg job to talk price that's your and the dealers job you don't go to gm and pay what the sticker said so buying and not going to the deer dealer is your fault not deer.