Disc Harrow for X530

/ Disc Harrow for X530 #1  

cyleclayton

Tractor
John Deere x530, BCS 710 GX8
I want to us my X530 to do some gardening. I have about 1/4 acre, so it's not alot. I've looked at the Brinly attachments (disc and moldboard). What do I need to attach them and use them with my X530?

By the way, I love my tractor.

/ Disc Harrow for X530 #2  
You are talking money. First three point lift arms will have to be added to the 530. Then the disc you purchase will not weight enough to be be an actual working implement. It will not penetrate and turn the soil. Pulling a plow will also be problematic. The rear wheels will spin from lack of traction when tryiong to pull the plow. I think a rear PTO can be added to the 530. Add the rear PTO if available and the three point lift arms and purchase a tiller for the garden. You could also trade up to the 1023. Or you could forget about gardening with the tractor and purchase a self powered tiller at one of the big boxes.

/ Disc Harrow for X530 #3  
Well, I'm not sure that it's all that dire. You could forget all that 3 point stuff and buy a simple sleeve hitch. Johnny Products sells one that has an electric actuator to raise it and lower it. Then go buy a simple brinly disc and add some weight to it. I do agree that a tiller makes sense. You could add a self powered tiller to that sleeve hitch. There's a lot out there to play with ---

/ Disc Harrow for X530 #4  
Your JD dealer can get you set up with a sleeve hitch or a 3 point hitch but used 3 point plows are hard to find so I would stay with the sleeve hitch. Then look at Craigs List for the plow and disc. You should be able to pull a 10 inch plow just fine, but that depends a lot with the type of soil you have. You will also need all the weight you can get so look for some wheel weights for the back tires and some suitcase weights for the front.

That is a 12 inch Brinly I am pulling in my avatar with a JD 2305.

/ Disc Harrow for X530 #5  
The x500 series can only use sleeve hitches. I think you can also get a mechanical or hydro tiller.