disc mower advice

/ disc mower advice #11  
Here's a link to the Kuhn website. You will find tractor requirements and mower specs. I did a quick look, and your tractor would probably just barely meet min HP for a GMD600. (8') Probably better the 500. (6 1/2') But, it's not just HP that you have to consider. Your tractor also has to be big and heavy enough to handle the weight of the mower. (if it's 3 point hitch) I run a GMD600 on my NH TN70A with no problem. But, that's a larger, heavier tractor with more HP than yours. I've never tried it on a smaller tractor.

A disc mower should cut a lot faster than your sickle bar haybine. When I'm cutting, my ground speed is usually around 5 mph.

/ disc mower advice #12  
Hi everyone im new to the forum and I am in need of some advice. I have a kubota mx5000 (about 50hp) with a New Holland 477 mower conditioner that I cut about 15 acres of hay with. It works but takes forever because I have to go 1st low the whole time or else it will plug. I am planning on getting another 15-20 acres this year. Does anyone know how big of a disc mower my tractor would handle? Thanks in advance for any help.

5 head is big enough. We have good new and used in stock. Check them out here Sweet Farm Equipment Ken Sweet

/ disc mower advice #13  
I've used a Kubota M4900(45 pto hp) to pull both a NH 617(9 ft cut) and a Vermeer 7030(9 ft cut) BUT both were mounted on a caddy which is the only way I would own a 3pt disc mower. Straight 3pt disc mowers are a PIA to attach to tractor and IMHO put undue strain on RH wheel of tractor while in transport especially in a custom hay baling operation. Plus I think a caddy mounted mower follows the contour of the ground better. The M4900 would handle the disc mower but needed a little more HP so I bought a M70409(65 pto hp)

/ disc mower advice #14  
You people must be content going a lot slower than we do.

/ disc mower advice #15  
You people must be content going a lot slower than we do.

I run 5/6mph the fields get rough for anything faster

/ disc mower advice #17  
Yep gophers(moles) & fire ants make hay fields way to rough to go any faster.

Wild hogs get ours several times a year and those dang gophers

/ disc mower advice #18  
Luckily no feral hogs in the fields I've been haying but they're not many miles away.