Disconnect cable prevent battery drain ?

/ Disconnect cable prevent battery drain ? #22  
either pull the battery and bring it home and set it inside in a warm place. with a battery tender.
or solar battery tender.

i tend to use the trolling motor battery, for a variety of things... trolling motor a raft, pull behind sprayer, jumping another vehicle, running a little fuel pump, running a little pump to empty a boat out, if it was left in the lake and it rained, eventually most likely get used for a little "water pump" for some running water out of a 50 to 100 gallon tank for drinking water maybe a shower back at a cabin the lake.

and eventually most likely a few deep cell batteries, and a solar panels to keep the batteries charge for cabin, at moment cabin runs with a little portable generator.

============
if you have long term goals of actual having electrical company install power there. then cheap most likely be good for ya. if no power. then maybe invest in something a little more via solar panels. a good amount of solar panels and switching gear, will come setup to charge up 12v batteries or battery banks.

there are plenty of in window battery chargers that plug into cigarette lighter / accessory outlet in vehicles. some vehicles require key to turned to on/accessory, to use some 12v outlets / cigarette lighter plugs, other outlets doesn't matter for key. same issue can be seen in tractors as well.

if tractor is being parked in a shed. and you have a window in the shed. you might be able to place solar panel in front of the window. but your going to need to up size the wiring between solar panel and battery if you leave battery in the tractor most likely. a generic cheap extension cord may overheat and start a fire.

if you are going to pull battery from tractor and place it on a solar panel outside, i might suggest a "water proof battery box" you can pick them up at various boating stores / fishing stores. ((aka for trolling motor batteries))

/ Disconnect cable prevent battery drain ? #23  
I have the same one. Works well. But, I keep it out of the rain, like under an overhang.

Mine is inside, behind a southfacing window.. No weathering and works well.

/ Disconnect cable prevent battery drain ? #24  
Another reason to disconnect a battery in a stored vehicle is to prevent a possible short circuit if a rodent chews on some wires. Probably doesn't happen often but could start a fire.