Dish Network

/ Dish Network #12  
Here's an interesting complaint to the manager at the Dallas ABC affiliate:

<font color="blue"> Q: After watching (WFAA) for close to four years as our distant network station on Dish Network (we don't have cable here in Alpine, Texas) nor can we get Midland/Odessa – its all the FCC, cable, satellite and politics. You were our primary weather channel and emergency notification (but) not any more. Dish Network will no longer allow access to Dallas, so now we have Chicago as our "local." It's really the pits – we have nothing local except the radio for news, emergency notification and weather. We will lose you sometime this week. I know you can't do anything, but I'm sure you have lost a lot of dedicated watchers.

A: Glenn, I'm so sorry to hear that. Let me suggest that you call your cable company (which I assume you have done) first, and then perhaps the local city council. All broadcasters, cable and otherwise, are licensed to "serve in the public interest" by the FCC. If the only severe weather information you can receive is from a Chicago television station, I'd say you have a darn good argument.
</font>
Chicago? What's the deal with that?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Dish Network #13  
I just got this week's Sport's Illustrated and it noted that after running their Sports in America segment over the past year that their national poll had a fitting climax. The New York Yankees won the Triple Crown, so to speak.

They were voted Favorite Team in America, Most Hated Team in America and George Steinbrenner was voted Enemy of the Nation!

Anybody can jump on the bandwagon of a front runner. It takes a true fan to be a Red Sox fan. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Dish Network #14  
Bill, I don't know what the deal is with that, but we spent a week down at the edge of Big Bend several years ago in an RV park that had "cable" hookups (their own big satellite dishes), and if I remember right the only news and weather station we got was from Denver.

/ Dish Network #15  
Hmmm, we might be neighbors.
I'm thinking of getting rid of Dish and getting Direct TV again. At least then we can get the NFL ticket.

A bad day in Cleveland beats a good day In Pittsburgh
(or something to that effect, Go Browns!)

/ Dish Network #16  
I just converted my account from Pegasus to DirecTV. No muss, no fuss, no hassle, no intrusive questions. Other than the fact that the customer service guy had a hard time with english, everything went well. I got everything I had with Pegasus, even the distant channels programming (east/west coast networks).

BTW, as of August 31, Pegasus will no longer be an agent of DirecTV. You must transfer your account to DirecTV. I found the identical programming packages to be just a few dollars less with DirecTV and I'll get better service.

/ Dish Network #17  
Same thing happened to me, but I don't believe the part about the credit check. I signed up using a credit card for the initial installation and the monthly fees. Direct TV therefore isn't extending any credit to me, the credit card company is. They don't need your ss #.
As for the Browns fan, have you priced prime ticket?