disk harrow

/ disk harrow #11  
How does the Landpride disc compare to the Wood's? Don't have a price on the Landpride but they looked to be "He** for Stout"!

AKfish

/ disk harrow
Farmwithjunk said:
Not sure of your location, but unless you're at the North Pole, this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early to be planting winter oats. (Or any winter crop of cereal grain) That's done mid sept to mid october here. Plant now and the plant will EITHER lay there in too dry conditions and be a loss OR if you should getadaquate rain/moderate temps, it will develope to a stage with the amount of time before winter dormancy that it will suffer from winter kill and you'll loose it anyway.

I was just leveling it off not planning to plant just level so I can spray without loosing a filling. I had run the plow through a while back

/ disk harrow #13  
Farmwithjunk said:
Not sure of your location, but unless you're at the North Pole, this is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early to be planting winter oats. (Or any winter crop of cereal grain) That's done mid sept to mid october here. Plant now and the plant will EITHER lay there in too dry conditions and be a loss OR if you should getadaquate rain/moderate temps, it will develope to a stage with the amount of time before winter dormancy that it will suffer from winter kill and you'll loose it anyway.

I agree. Around here I put in Buckweat in the summer, till it under, and plant winter rye in the fall on any of my garden that I'm not using.