Disposal (garbage) spitting out

/ Disposal (garbage) spitting out #11  
<font color="blue">the output pipe on disposal goes STRAIGHT sideways until it meets other drain at other sink bowl. It does NOT exit disposal and do "immediate" 90 degree turn as I expected. Could THAT be part of the issue?
</font>

I guess I misread or didn't read it good enough. You need the 90 to keep the water from the sink from backing up into the disposal. Especially if the main sink drain past the disposal is a little clogged.

As far as the coffee grounds getting into the dishwasher, not an uncommon problem. The dishwasher drain should have some sort of check valve. This keeps anything from the sink/disposal drain backing up to the dishwasher.

/ Disposal (garbage) spitting out
General update:

Started taking it all apart to replace things (ended up with new faucet/sink/disposal) Got some plumbing parts "just in case".... seems "just in case' was pretty smart.

One of her problems was a terrible stench. Long story short, there was some goo /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif built up in all her drain pipes. And I mean GOO. Guess it'd built up over the years. So, out with the bad pipes, in with the new.

She's just a beaming fool with her deeper sink (8 1/4" verses 6") and a doubly beaming fool now that we know why it was smelling and got rid of the pipes.

I got a new disposal for her just in case it was the smelly item. As I was looking at all the stuff I noticed more than one published example of the disposals exit tube being straight out, verses dropping down with an immediate 90 degree.

Unfortunately, given the parts we had, her situation, we had to use a straight out and not use the 90 that came in the disposal. I think some of the regurgitations was because of the slimy blockage that was in the disposal outlet. I also think that blockage was allowed to build up over the years, because the dishwasher was NOT hooked up to the disposal and never really helped rinse/wash that line out. All of that has now been changed fixed.

Thanks all, Mom is HAPPY! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif