Disruptive Technology - Burning Water

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #1  

Luremaker

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3130HST & NH TC18
I heat my house with oil and wood but would love to find a more affordable fuel to burn. I think I found something I can afford more than oil, saltwater. If this this actually works out it would solve a lot of problems we now have with oil and natural gas. Burns cleaner as well.

Salt water as fuel? Erie man hopes so

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #2  
Mornin Steve,
Sure sounds awful good !!! Im not a chemist but it sounds like there is some serious potential in the idea ! I guess we will have to wait and see what develops. Thanks for posting !

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #3  
Apply the proper amount of energy in a correct manner to water of any kind and you should get Hydrogen, oxygen and residual matter:D

Use the same amount of energy and you may be able to heat your home plus!:D

I like the Pogue carburetor that got replaced by all these inefficient fuel injection systems.:D :D :D

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #4  
Some day mankind may have the knowledge to use the suns energy to transform saltwater into energy.:) The next year terrorists will have the knowledge to incinerate the worlds oceans.:mad:

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #5  
We've been doing that for about 80 years now in a way. It takes energy to do it though.

On Navy ships they have evaporators that take in sea water and put out drinking water or feed water for the boilers.
It's a never ending cycle but none of it can be done without the sea water.

Nuke ships are only different in that they use a nuke reaction to generate the heat required to make sea water into pure water.

There are solar powered distilling plants in use today too. California has some and I've seen smaller ones in a couple other countries. It's the way of the future for drinking water in places without much of it.

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #6  
tallyho8 said:
Some day mankind may have the knowledge to use the suns energy to transform saltwater into energy.:) The next year terrorists will have the knowledge to incinerate the worlds oceans.:mad:

like a solar powered laser to burn the magniesum found in sea water....

magneisum in sea water you ask? why yes....

Magnesium has great potential as an energy source because it has an energy storage density about 10 times higher than that of hydrogen, says Yabe. It is also highly abundant, with about 1.3 grams found in every liter of seawater, or about 1,800 trillion metric tons in our oceans

Technology Review: Solar-Powered Laser

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #8  
Can you say Cold Fusion all over again? :D

/ Disruptive Technology - Burning Water #9  
The sad thing is we need water to survive. So we will be in direct competition with our plant for energy and sustainability.

-Mike Z.