Distributor not turning after new oil pump

/ Distributor not turning after new oil pump #11  
It is possible that the distributor shaft itself broke, but if so it would seem that you could turn the rotor by hand........was the oil pump still attached when you tried spinning the rotor?

by the way - that engine (134 ci) is timed via timing gears, as opposed to a chain, and the distributor gear does run off of the cam shaft.

/ Distributor not turning after new oil pump #12  
If the roll pin in the dizzy broke it picked up something in the oil pump.

/ Distributor not turning after new oil pump
Removed the distributor and nothing seems to be wrong with it, as I turned the engine over I can see the cam gear moving but I put a screwdriver in the oil pump slot and noway will it turn. My concern is that the rotor wasnt turning when I was trying to start the tractor yet the cam gear apears to turn and the distributor seems ok and the oil pump wont turn, something seems like there might be more going on any ideas????

Installed new oil pump .. repaired distributor. Cannot find timing marks on flywheel to install distributor at the right crank position tried just do it by #1 piston still no luck...Have gas and spark wont start..even have oil pressure. Where are the timing marks ...worn off??? Any help would be great

Installed new oil pump .. repaired distributor. Cannot find timing marks on flywheel to install distributor at the right crank position tried just do it by #1 piston still no luck...Have gas and spark wont start..even have oil pressure. Where are the timing marks ...worn off??? Any help would be great

/ Distributor not turning after new oil pump #16  
Do you have the distributor timed to #1 on the compression stroke?

Yes ,I tried to find the marks on the flywheel and even turned the flywheel by hand could not see marks

/ Distributor not turning after new oil pump #18  
It is on the flywheel. Is your flywheel clean? Here is a picture of a flywheel out of a NAA. I rebuilding the engine for a customer. Your timing needs to be set at 8* BTDC.

IMG_20121014_194422.jpg

I tried and tried to find these timing marks no luck, I cleaned the flywheel with starting fluid and still could not find them... Anyway I did it with estimating TDC and installing the distributor. Right now the thing is running good starts good. I put a timing light on it and moved to distibutor around at different rpms and still could not see any markings on the flywheel. Thank you for helping.. If there is anything else I should know please let me know

/ Distributor not turning after new oil pump #20  
I tried and tried to find these timing marks no luck, I cleaned the flywheel with starting fluid and still could not find them... Anyway I did it with estimating TDC and installing the distributor. Right now the thing is running good starts good. I put a timing light on it and moved to distibutor around at different rpms and still could not see any markings on the flywheel. Thank you for helping.. If there is anything else I should know please let me know

The only other thing I can think of is are you sure you were on the #1 wire when you had the timing light on it?