Diverter - Mounting

/ Diverter - Mounting
I wouldn't glue a nut into the #5 ball. I would tap the threads into the ball.

I'm going to. I didn't care for that part either. Probably do a fine thread, as well (assuming I have the tap/die--I forget just what's in my set).

/ Diverter - Mounting
Well, I'm DONE (except a couple small details like brackets instead of zip ties).

I wasn't sure which way I wanted the lever to work to open/close, but the "regen" on the loader valve answered that for me. Curl down must be "clamp", otherwise the clamp falls when trying to open it. It all installed as I expected/planned, so that's always nice. Only "trouble" I had was when one of my ground wires wasn't crimped in the terminal good, so it pulled out. Also, the loader lever shaft was NOT hollow, so that bummed me out. Also it was enough too big for my 1/2" tap that I had to grind it to a smaller diameter. Not pretty, but functional. Also can't hide the wire like I wanted, so I'll cover it with some 1/2" split loom. I think that's about it.

/ Diverter - Mounting #43  
They say imitation is the the best form of flattery :)

Knob turned out good, reason I do metal inserts is I had the threads fail in one once.

/ Diverter - Mounting
ha, yeah, so that's you at mytractorforum.

To be fair, I found a place that made shifters with buttons, and the cheapest one they had was a cue ball. Then I found your post that gave me the confidence to do it myself. My parents' pool table has glass balls, so it never occurred to me as a possibility. Of course the orange ball was perfect. An 8-ball would have worked too, which is the first thing my wife said. I like the orange.

The parts diagram shows the tube being hollow, so that sucked when it wasn't. Made the knob a little harder to fab.

I got split loom to cover up the wire yesterday....