Diverter - Mounting

/ Diverter - Mounting #21  
Thanks for the info Brian. Do you sell fittings too (I'm sure you do)? Maybe I'll take a stab at what I'll need and get it all at once. I'm assuming you'll be cheaper than my nearby parker store. I think an ORB is what I would call an "SAE" Straight thread, with oring. Does that sound right?

Does anyone know what fittings/hoses my loader has? I'm assuming they're about 1/2" JIC, but I don't even know.

Maybe I'll take the rest offline with Brian. I'll get a diagram of some sort put together to show what I'm thinking.

Check out Surplus Center and Discount Hydraulics for fittings and lines.
hugs, Brandi

/ Diverter - Mounting #22  
If you need hoses to run parallel side by side, only way I know to do that (on the valves I've played with) is (as suggested) use these

6400-08-08 | 1/2" JIC Male x #8 SAE/ORB Male

Followed by these
6500-08-08 | 1/2" JIC Male x 1/2" JIC Female Swivel 90°

Or the 45 degree version if that works better for you -

If you need to run hoses OTHER than that (like inline with a pair of ports), they will probably need to be "over/under" - if so, do NOT bother with the "long" version of ORB/JIC 90's - they won't clear each other. instead, you'd need one of each of these per pair of ports - #6801 and #6801LL

6801-08-08 | 1/2" JIC Male x #8 SAE/ORB Male 90°

SAE 37° Flare (JIC) x O-Ring Boss (ORB) 90° Extra Long Elbow

A lot of the time it's simpler to just use the straight ORB/JIC adapters and whatever JIC hardware gets you aimed the way you need - plus, with swivel fittings it's easier to plumb at ODD angles.

HTH... Steve

BTW, some of those links are specific to #8 fittings, DHH has changed parts of their site. Be sure what sizes YOU need before you order.

/ Diverter - Mounting
Yeah. Then add in sweep 90 fittings and extended sweep 90 fittings.
I recall going though books of fittings (faster than the internet) from Parker, weatherhead, brennan, etc. trying to get from A to B "elegantly". Not everyone makes every fitting. Then when you're changing sizes that adds another level of complexity. Custom coolers, custom reservoirs and on and on.

Thanks for the links. Good stuff.

/ Diverter - Mounting #24  
Uhh.......I thought he mentioned a valve with fittings on all 3 sides similiar to mine? Anyway, the link I showed in my thread for my valve says it's not found. I can't believe my valve is $80 more now.
hugs, Brandi

It is, sort of like the same thing, but only different. Different manufacturer and the ports are 1/8" closer together. Makes things much more difficult to work with. :(

/ Diverter - Mounting
Can anyone tell me (on my LA724 loader) what fitting this is?
I *assume* it's a 3/8" JIC (the wrench size lines up).

IMG_20150805_211046680 (Custom).jpg

Also planning on 1/4" hose for my diverter, which will be running a grapple.
Is that good, or should I do 3/8" for some reason? I only expect to run the grapple.

/ Diverter - Mounting #26  
Looks like a swept 90* JIC to me, but with the wrench in the way I can't see the threads -

1/4 vs.3/8 - things will move nearly twice as fast, but with a grapple that's not usually a GOOD thing -

Other side of that coin - I was planning on 1/4" hoses for my double selector (grapple and a few other things, all of which are better off slow) - but I make up my own hoses to get exact lengths I need (and to minimize trips to town) - The intention was to use 1/4 hose with 3/8 JIC's so the anchor points would be stronger, but when I priced the difference between 1/4-1/4 and 1/4-3/8 in the re-usable fittings I use, the 1/4-3/8 fittings were about $10 more EACH.

That added up to $80 extra (4 hoses, both ends) so I will most likely just use all 3/8.

That difference may NOT be the case with store-bought crimped hoses, but you might wanna ASK first just to avoid surprises... Steve

/ Diverter - Mounting
The fitting behind it is identical. I just wasn't sure if it was 37 degree JIC or if there was some other type that it would be.

I, too, am going 3/8" everything. Though it depends on what the grapple ends up being. If it's 1/4", then that hose end/bulkhead combo will also be 1/4" as will the QDs.

I was going to price the same hose in a 3/8" as well, just cause. Since its a diverter, too much speed shouldn't be too bad, though I want it "proportional" to the loader. Also, often times one can tap out the one end of a 90 degree fitting and thread in a plug with a hole drilled in it. Little more crude than an adjustable flow control, but it works.

/ Diverter - Mounting #28  
If you use 1/4" QD's I doubt you'll want to slow it down much more - check out the right column of this chart (near the bottom of the page)

ISO 5675 Agricultural Hydraulic Quick Couplers

3.2 GPM might still be a bit fast for some things, but probably not much... Steve

/ Diverter - Mounting
Arg. The grapple has 1/4" hoses, and seems to have 1/2" NPT fittings at the ends. So without a funky mess of reducers, that pushes me into 1/2" couplers. I wanted to stay with 3/8" couplers, cause that's what all the other QDs on my tractor are (that I already have a spare set for).

I had hoped I could get 3/8" couplers with 1/2" NPT, but I'm not seeing that.

We'll see, I guess.

/ Diverter - Mounting
Eh, not that it matters, it seems.
My existing QDs are (i'm pretty sure anyway) ISO 7241 type B.
The "AG" fittings on DHH are ISO 5675.

Likely just get the 1/2" thread and then get a 1/2" to 3/8" bushing. Seems the most elegant solution. Cheap adaptation, too.