diverter valve control switch knob

/ diverter valve control switch knob #1  

sizzami

Silver Member
Tractor
kioti dk 45
when I bought my new ck 30 the dealer tried really hard to sell me on plumbing my grapple (fel) into the rear remotes , I have heard alot about how people dont mind having to use a seperate lever to control thier grapples or even a foot pedal but for me there was no doubt , working in the woods often on uneven ground , I wanted to be able to have total, and instant control over the grapple with one hand so I could keep the other on the steering wheel , and a foot control just seemed like a bad Idea, so I stood fast on wanting a joystick control with switch , long story short I couldnt find one that looked like it would last , and was affordable so I made one, I used a heavy duty momentary starter switch, 9.99 at my local napa and a piece of 1 1/2 " alluminum after about an hour on the lathe this is what I came up with. the materials added up to about thirty bucks.

Attachments

• IMAG0205.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    753.3 KB · Views: 462
  • IMAG0207.jpg
    IMAG0207.jpg
    962.7 KB · Views: 395
  • IMAG0208.jpg
    IMAG0208.jpg
    421.7 KB · Views: 443
   / diverter valve control switch knob #2  
Looks nice.... Let me understand this,, when you push the button a "diverter valve" lets your curl or other function close the grapple ??

/ diverter valve control switch knob #3  
And I'd love to hear/see what you used for a diverter valve

/ diverter valve control switch knob
I dint do thediverter install on my new tractor, only the control, but I did it on my old ford 1910 , and yes the diverter switches curl to grapple control

/ diverter valve control switch knob #5  
I bought a Tatro grapple and installed a Gresen 8 gpm double selector valve that I purchased from the Surplus Center. I decided to control the valve with a foot switch. I found a company online that caters to old car rebuilders and bought a foot control headlight dimmer switch. I have been using this setup for the past 3 years and I have been very satisfied. The pictures show the grapple, the valve and the foot switch location.

Attachments

• Grapple 008.jpg
    Grapple 008.jpg
    673.2 KB · Views: 278
  • Grapple 009.jpg
    Grapple 009.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Grapple 010.jpg
    Grapple 010.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 282
  • Grapple 011.jpg
    Grapple 011.jpg