DIY installation review of a Kioti Rear wiper kit on DK5310SE

/ DIY installation review of a Kioti Rear wiper kit on DK5310SE #1  

AirOpsMgr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5310SE, Scag Cheetah II 72"
Howdy y'all, figured I'd post my experience with the DIY installation of the Kioti rear wiper kit for the DK/SE series tractors (kit number DKA141), in my case, on a DK5310SE cab model. Hope this helps others that decide to add it themselves.

Overall, not difficult if you have basic tools, 2 sets of hands & you also realize that the included instructions don't match the included hardware. 😉

Here are pics of the kit number and destructions, model compatability listed on the top right of the destructions:
20240309_195143.jpg

20240309_200710.jpg

20240309_200724.jpg

The kit itself looks something like this:
Screenshot_20240309_204851_Samsung Internet.jpg

In my case, I did not remove the cab headliner, I simply pulled down the back portion of the headliner far enough to reach in & snip the zip tie holding the OEM rear-wiper wire harness and wash-fluid tube to feed it out of the existing cutout in the headliner that is there to accommodate both. They give you way more washer fluid tubing than you need.

Installed the new grommets per directions, instructions then showed a pictorial to install "brackets", but then underneath those instructions they state they are already installed .... so yeah, kinda confused me for a bit before I realized the unnecessary portion.

The destructions also miss one of the exterior bolts (Cushion bolt, part number 4) holding the motor to the glass, the kit hardware was probably updated and the destructions weren't ... but easy enough to figure out).

Basically, the OEM washer tube goes through a grommet in the window, wiper motor post goes through the larger grommet in the window and then 2 Cushion bolts are inserted from the outside of the window, through the glass and into the mounting brackets on the motor.

Mounting the motor to the inside of the rear window was where I called my wife for an extra set of hands as I needed her to hold the motor from the inside while I slid bolts through the outside glass into her and then she held the rubber washers and got the nuts started from the inside.

20240309_191336.jpg

Once the motor was mounted, she was able to take a break. The majority of steps following that can be done with one set of hands ... the provided cover goes over the motor without issue, just need to route the wire loom and washer tube through the provided cutout on the cover.

20240309_194524.jpg

The wash tubing exiting the cab connects to the wiper arm, it was at this point I had a look at the front wiper and saw that they routed the wash tubing through the spring in the wiper arm and I did the same for the rear... no mention of that in the instructions, but it serves to hold the wash tube in place until it reaches a tube mount clamp closer to the wiper connection point.

The kit comes with a new & larger wash fluid tank reservoir with 2 wash pump motors installed. Remove the 3 bolts holding the metal cover, disconnect the front windshield OEM plug and wash hose, slide the OEM tank up and off, replace with new tank, replace the front windshield washer plug connector & wash tube, then bend open the metal wire holders that are holding the factory provided rear washer plug connector and wash tubing, trim tubing and attach ... done, replace metal cover.

20240309_194456.jpg

The 3-position wiper/washer switch is also included in the kit, just need to unscrew the 3 phillips head screws on the fender cover, snip the zip tie on the factory harness and pull the OEM wiper/washer plug up to connect to the provided switch that you mount in one of the available blanks.

As seen below, I moved my front windshield wash/wiper switch to the forward most blank and then added the new rear wash/wiper switch behind it (interchangeable positions of course, but I wanted mine this way as I had already used one of the aft blanks for my side lights using the "beacon" switch.)

20240309_194542.jpg

The last couple of destructions indicate that you need to lift the roof of the cab to install the included 5-pin relay; This is best done with 2 sets of hands and 2 ladders so that 2 people can lift the roof of the cab up, but my wife got busy and was unavailable, so I decided to lift the roof of the cab on my own and cheat a little.

In these steps you are just getting under the roof on the right side of the cab (passenger side, close to the front), so I simply unbolted the 6 nuts holding the roof, slid a block of wood under each side to prop it up and I did not need to remove the entire roof to gain access to the wire harness to connect the relay.

You only need to get the roof up about 4-6" to reach in, snip the zip tie holding the factory washer relay connector plug to the existing harness, then attach the included 5-blade relay and secure it to the available OEM bolt with the nut provided in the kit. It's easily accessible, honestly no need to take the entire roof off unless you want to get in there and inspect the vast array of other relays and connections ... your call on that.

If I had to do this over again, it could easily be done in less than an hour, but with stopping to go find 10mm and 12mm sockets, extensions, dikes to cut zip ties, phillips head screw driver, interior pick to help seat grommets in the glass, then pause for the occasional cold beer, it took 2hrs plus...

After fully installing & ops checking, the only complaint I have is that the "wiper arc" coverage on the rear window is much more limited than the wiper arc on the front. In the below pic, the wrench in my left hand marks the edge of the wiper arc.

Not sure if this is adjustable in any way, and while it looks pretty wide from the outside view, it's much more limited from the inside....

20240309_192219.jpg

I also noticed that one of the 2 sprayer nozzles on the rear wiper arm is way off and is spraying away from the window; Again, not sure if that's something I can adjust, but will dig into it further as I ran out of daylight this evening...

Hope that helps anyone wanting to add the rear wiper kit to a similar Kioti.

Best regards,
Greg

Last edited:
   / DIY installation review of a Kioti Rear wiper kit on DK5310SE #2  
I was thinking I need to adjust my rear wiper. After I replaced the rear window it goes farther on the right side of the window than the left. But it may be better that way because I look over my right shoulder most of the time when I look back.

/ DIY installation review of a Kioti Rear wiper kit on DK5310SE
I was thinking I need to adjust my rear wiper. After I replaced the rear window it goes farther on the right side of the window than the left. But it may be better that way because I look over my right shoulder most of the time when I look back.
Ya know, I didn't really think about it at the time of installation because I was more concerned about following the directions, but obviously you can "clock" the position of the arm based on the position you slide the wiper arm on & nut it down as the baseline of the arc.

In my case, I was following the destruction pics which showed the wiper arm initially mounted far right, so I put it on as close to the angle that the pic showed and nutted it down.

That said, I'd like to adjust the overall sweep to be wider if possible .... As I posted above with my pic of my wrench marking the left side, the overall arc is much smaller than the sweep of the front.

/ DIY installation review of a Kioti Rear wiper kit on DK5310SE #4  
I wonder is there any adjustment for how much angle the motor can sweep?

/ DIY installation review of a Kioti Rear wiper kit on DK5310SE
I wonder is there any adjustment for how much angle the motor can sweep?
Give me tomorrow and a few beers and I'll let ya know what I find .... 😎