DIY stuff for my CK20

/ DIY stuff for my CK20 #1  

glmf

Silver Member
Tractor
CK20HST
still jealous of the caliber of some of the stuff being built by you guys, but here goes after only six weeks of owning my CK20HST, which so far is turning out to be quite the beast. Made a small boom pole which works great, bucket forks, tooth bar and bucket top stiffener with three clevis mounts, all the stuff has worked out very well.

Attachments

• boompole1.JPG
    boompole1.JPG
    628.1 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_0831.JPG
    IMG_0831.JPG
    878.2 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG_0832.JPG
    IMG_0832.JPG
    612.5 KB · Views: 684
  • IMG_0833.JPG
    IMG_0833.JPG
    827.3 KB · Views: 641
  • IMG_0834.JPG
    IMG_0834.JPG
    724.6 KB · Views: 685
   / DIY stuff for my CK20 #2  
Nice work!! Assuming you intend to use that hook on the top of the loader as a brace for the boompole, it should work well. Without any upper reinforcement, I am afraid of what it will do to the bucket. Should be an easy fix, using a chain and a ratchet binder to take all the slack out of the chain before loading the boom.
David from jax

/ DIY stuff for my CK20
actually haven't needed to tie it to the top edge, but only lifted fairly light stuff with it so far. Use it when I need the reach more than anything else. The shackles on the top edge of the bucket are where I lift the heavy things. But yes, absolutely would need to put a come along on that boom pole to do any thing substantial, although with the leverage and only a 20hp tractor, not sure how much it could actually lift at the end of that pole.

/ DIY stuff for my CK20 #4  
Probably lift enough to bend the bucket with that much mechanical advantage.
Do yourself a favor and put the come a long on the boom pole and mount it permanently on that side, so you never have to go looking for it and stashing it out of the way is easily done by just hooking it to the far side of the bucket. Beats trying to straighten out a bucket.
David from jax

/ DIY stuff for my CK20 #5  
Did you build the grill guard or is that a factory grill guard?

/ DIY stuff for my CK20 #6  
Nice job. I'm looking to build a toothbar, not only effective, but it makes the tractor look so much meaner!!!

/ DIY stuff for my CK20
thanks guys, will take the tips on tying in the boom pole. Will attach, as stated permanently a short piece of chain to the far end of the pole, that will just reach my middle grab hook on the top edge, presto done, will update pics this weekend. And yes, that is the factory grill guard.