DIY top and tilt

/ DIY top and tilt #1  

moparrob

Silver Member
Tractor
2008 Kubota M59
I've been looking for a top and tilt kit for my Mahindra 3616, and so far the only one I can find is by Fit right. It looks top quality, but they are 12 weeks out and the price is pretty steep. Is there any reason I cant buy a set of valves and cylinders on ebay or tractor supply company and have hoses made locally? I guess I dont understand where the value in an expensive kit is. Is there something unusual or exotic about my tractor that makes it more difficult?

/ DIY top and tilt #2  
Quality & getting the right size/shape parts. The cylinders are often unusual sizes & have non-standard attachment methods.

If you can get a quality valve setup, go for it. Hoses are commodity parts. Getting the cylinders right can be problematic though.

I love my FitRite setup by the way.

/ DIY top and tilt #3  
Look at Surplus Center. They have top links and valves, not sure about side links.

/ DIY top and tilt #4  
I'll add another plug for Fit Rite. He asks the necessary questions and measurement details up front so you get an exact fit with some flexibility in length (e.g. - above and below level on the side link). It was worth the wait and the price for me. To top it off, I had made a mistake when ordering. I shipped it back and he corrected immediately, no charge. It's rare to get service like that these days.

/ DIY top and tilt #5  
To answer your question, yes you can buy valves and top link cylinders. I ordered my top link from surplus center and 3 spool valve from them to save money.

I ordered my side link from fit right because I wanted the correct cylinder for that. I also ordered a ROP's valve mount. Brian made the mount to the size of my valve. The mount was an excellent fit and finish. Brian was very good to work with and he knows tractors and the sizes required for cylinders. I would recommend him anytime.

I saved a few dollars on the valve and top link cylinder because I had to. If I had the money, Fit Right would have done the whole top and tilt set up.