Oil & Fuel DK 55 Injector Pump

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #1  

stealthf8r

Tractor
Kioti
2008 DK 55 with 389hrs.

While brush hogging yesterday (old field) without warning the tractor just shut down with no warning whatsoever. I had been having trouble starting the tractor for the last month or so after I replaced an injector with a broken spring. I attributed it to a small leak somewhere allowing air into the fuel lines. It would be fine for 7 days or so but if I left it any longer It would take a long time to fire up. After it started it ran great. I immediately went after the injectors thinking I had another broken spring, not the case.
Reading through posts here I found the one with the injector gear failure so I disassembled the IP and the gears were all fine :confused2:. After removing the tops all I found were piles of broken springs??? Has anyone had this happen ever? 1 broken spring I could see but all 4???
IMG_6343.JPGIMG_6344.JPGIMG_6348.JPG

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #2  
Amazing. All four! IMO this smacks of defective parts.

Those are the delivery valve springs. Their main function is to act as a check valve for the pump but also to suck a little fuel back into the pump to depressurize the line to the injector. This reduces the chance of the injector dripping between squirts.

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #3  
I've never worked on an IP but as said, that has to be defective parts. I hope you're are under warranty but if not, contact your dealer and send them a picture. From others with certain IP problems, Kioti has been pretty good at sending new parts because I think they know there are some defects but just no recalls.

/ DK 55 Injector Pump
Dealer quit selling Kioti.............

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #5  
I am sure that the next closest dealer would be happy to help you out. If you are not sure who to contact you can enter your zip/postal code into the dealer locater @ www.kioti.com and get a list of dealers.

/ DK 55 Injector Pump
Just to update this thread, Injector pumps/Fuel System are not covered under warranty so I have shelled out $1490 For a new pump. I attempted to have the pump rebuilt and the unit was returned with a note."No service available-cannot buy parts/replacement parts at this time. Manufacturer holds exclusive rights to this unit" Pump is Zexel. I am angry now and I will wait a few weeks to collect my thoughts but I feel certain that I will send this one down the road and never buy a Kioti again.

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #7  
Injector pumps/Fuel System are not covered under warranty so I have shelled out $1490
For a new pump.

Sorry to hear that, STEALTH.

I have not worked on a Diesel injection pump before, but I would try to substitute other springs
to fix that unit. Too bad no FI shop wants to fix it.

Since no spares are sold new, your old pump has lots of value for its parts; don't toss it out.

/ DK 55 Injector Pump
Oh definitely will not throw out. The ironic part is the gears are in great condition!

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #9  
hello sorry about your problems , but when i got the new pump i would take one of the springs out and measure it and check the resistance and then find some new spings even if you have to use shims , or you could just change springs
and the new one back :cool2: but i did not say that

/ DK 55 Injector Pump #10  
stealth, DO NOT give up yet. Call another dealer and then another. If that doesn't work someone replied to my post CK30 Injection Pump with a contact for Kioti. Contact some more dealers first, if to no aval, then try that contact. My next closest dealer is just over 100 miles away. I'm about to update my thread with the story.