DK35 Dead - Won't Start

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #1  

WhatIsChazaq

Tractor
Kioti DK35
I went out on this beautiful fall morning to fire the Kioti up to grab a bucket of wood chips.

I flipped the key over to warm up the plugs. All good. Tried to turn it over after the light went out...I hear the starter solenoid go click, click, click. Battery drained. Bummer.

When I turned it back off and pulled the key out there was an odd buzzing sound that lasted a few seconds that came from under the dash.

I grabbed the charger and quick charged the battery. I came back about an hour later. Fully charged, the battery showing a little over 13 volts on the charger.

I disconnect everything and try to fire her up. Nothing at all. No dash lights. NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Checked all the fuses. All good. Turn the key back on...zero dash lights. Can't even get the headlights to come on.

I checked the ground wire, it's solid.

What the heck? What do I check next?

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #2  
on the starter the wires that go to the selinoid u have a positive wire that grounded or broke off or your selinoid is finish or your key swicht you need to check the wireing to be sure before changing anything

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #3  
Clean the battery contacts...If they have any amount of corrosion my tractor will not start.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start
Battery is clean, contacts are very clean.

Starter wires are rock solid.

Still dead as a doornail.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #5  
maybe a fuse in the line burnt do u have power to swicht

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start
No power to switch that I can tell. I turn the key and get absolutely nothing.

/ DK35 Dead - Won't Start #8  
I had that happen to my DK 35 a few years ago
I had a bad ground where the battery cable bolts to the frame.
I removed the battery ground cable where it bolts to the frame, cleaned cable and frame. No problem ever since.

Last edited:
   / DK35 Dead - Won't Start #10  
Slow blow fuse out by the starter more than likely.
Or dirty terminals/bad ground at frame.

BTI