DK35 Glow Plugs?????

/ DK35 Glow Plugs????? #1  

salaero

Tractor
DK 35 with Cab
I have DK35 I just purchased and this is the first winter with it. I don't think the glow plugs are working as if it is even close to 0 degrees celsius it will not start. It cranks fine but won't start. If I plug the block heater in for a few hours than it will start. I tried checking for voltage off one of the plugs to ground with the key turned and nothing. I get the indicator on the dash lighting up but I don't think the plugs are heating.

Does anyone know what fuse is for the power to the plugs? The largest fuse I see is a 25 amp and I was thinking the plug fuse should be larger. Any ideas would be appreciated!!

/ DK35 Glow Plugs????? #2  
I'm looking through my service manual trying to see how the glow plugs work.
I think the power for the glow plugs is through a fusable link .
If you glow plug indicator light is working/lighting I'm guessing you have power.
My manual says if you have power but does not start when cool the glow plug timer relay may be faulty.
Not sure but I think the timer relay is on the firewall in front of the fuel tank.

/ DK35 Glow Plugs?????
I checked for power at the glow plugs with key turned (indicator on dash showing glow plugs on) and nothing. Where is the fuseable link you are talking about?

/ DK35 Glow Plugs????? #4  
Check for power at the timer relay.
If you have power getting to the relay and nothing coming out to the glow plugs the timer relay is bad.

/ DK35 Glow Plugs?????
Where is the timer relay? Is it after the preheater control box? Is it directly inline with the glow plugs?

/ DK35 Glow Plugs????? #6  
Here ya go...:D
dk35 relays.jpg

/ DK35 Glow Plugs?????
THANKS!! I will try and get a closer look to test it this week.