DK40 wiper motor

/ DK40 wiper motor #1  

BBel

Tractor
Kioti DKSE K40
I am looking for a less expensive front wiper motor( dealer is quoting $405 for replacement motor), has anyone found a replacement motor offered by anyone for a reasonable amount? The motor works when I tap on it but then stops after a few seconds or minutes. I took it apart and cleaned it up without any improvement in performance. Thank you in advance for any comments.

/ DK40 wiper motor #2  
That wiper motor cost you were quoted must include the dealer installation. I checked Michigan Iron Kioti parts, and they list $299.00 for the front wiper motor. Installing it yourself could save $150.

/ DK40 wiper motor #3  
If tapping brings it back to life, it sounds like sticking brushes or a broken wire.

Might be worth you while to find a shop that services alternator, starters or electrical motors and see what they find. I'm pretty sure it would cost a lot less than what you're looking at for a new unit.

/ DK40 wiper motor
That wiper motor cost you were quoted must include the dealer installation. I checked Michigan Iron Kioti parts, and they list $299.00 for the front wiper motor. Installing it yourself could save $150.

Thank you, my plan is to install it myself. I asked for a clarification from them, another dealer said it was also in that $300 range. That痴 still very expensive but it certainly I need it as I have a front mounted snow blower and have about 1/2 mile of road to clear.

/ DK40 wiper motor
Thank you, I will look into this option as I am not finding a less expensive motor online. I appreciate your input.

/ DK40 wiper motor #6  
And keep the old one as a refurbished backup. It's probably something that can be repaired with that old wiper motor unit. And you can test the refurbished motor using any 12v battery. No need to remount it, just for testing.