DK40HST Wont turn over

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #1  

Nick61

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST T-N-T
I was working on the property today with my brand new tractor. I shut it off to do some things. Got back on turned the key and it wont turn over. I tried shaking the shift lever, made sure the PTO wasn't on, the shifter is in neutral, but nothing. I called the dealer. They sent me some diagrams to see if I can troubleshoot it. dealer is 180 miles away. Anyone else have any thoughts? I won't be able to work on it tell Thursday. Thanks for the help in advance..

Nick

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #2  
:welcome: to TBN!

Check the battery posts to ensure they're tight and clean. Then check ground wire at the frame for corrosion. It's new to you but may not be new built. Do the lights/dash instruments work if you turn the key? There's a 60 amp fuse in the positive wire near the battery you can also check.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #3  
Does the dash lights go on?

/ DK40HST Wont turn over
Everything works, Dash lights, Lights, High beam, i went back out and tried to start it, nothing. I then played with the Range shift sensor. unpluged it and plugged it back in jiggled it and the tractor started. put it back in the barn, shut it off and she wont start again. I think I found the problem but wont be able to check it until Thursday. Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate it.

Nick

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #5  
Glad you figured it out and it's not serious.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #6  
   / DK40HST Wont turn over
Yes it is. Today was the first time I have been able to play with it. Love it! I have been waiting for 4 years. Finally get it and she has a giddyup in her hitch. I will call my dealer tomorrow. Maybe I can have a new sensor by Friday.

NIck

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #8  
Is the dash showing the green indicator lights ( H-N-M-N-L ) when you move the shifter? If so it is not your range sensor. I have never seen one go bad. Most likely your key switch or start control relay located on the firewall. If I was to take a guess the relay would be the first thing to check. The fact that it started after wiggling and disconnecting the range switch might be pure coincidence.

/ DK40HST Wont turn over #10  
Mine is almost always the HST neutral position switch. It's amazing what get's stuck up in there.