DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse #1  

unimog_jason

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 755, Kioti DK40SE, JD 410
My hydrostatic Dk40 is just past the 4 year mark (out of warranty) and has 800 hours on the clock. I had to move it to my other house on the weekend and when traveling down the road in high range I felt it wasn't moving as fast as it should.

When I was doing some work around the yard I found it moves in reverse far faster than forward, the speed sticker on the cab post clear shows that reverse should be slower.

The oil filter has about 400 hours on it, same with the oil. I haven't pulled out the manual yet, but I think Kioti recommends the filter gets changed every 400 hours, I think the oil isn't due for a while. I checked the oil level and it is within range.

I did a quick check under the tractor, the forward pedal hits the limiter but the reverse does not. I still need to crawl under the tractor and do a complete examination of the linkages.

While I was digging up some material, I was able to get the tires to spin in 4 wheel drive in mid range so there appears to be no shortage of power.

I'll pickup an oil filter as the first step, has anyone ever seen anything like this before?

Jason

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse #2  
Adjust the linkage.

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse #4  
Double check your manual for the hours on the filter and oil. My CK30hst calls for filters every 200 hours and oil every 400 hours. Some members do run longer hours between changes especially if not run hard. As mentioned, I had to adjust the linkage on mine after a few 100 hours.

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse #5  
There is a thread on here some where about how the pressure relief valve needed to be adjusted on a tractor with the same issue.

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse
Thanks guys,

After reflecting on the symptoms for a bit I think it's a linkage that's out of adjustment. The weather hasn't been great the last couple days but it's getting better. I'm going to crawl under the tractor on the weekend and take a closer look. I've also got the oil filter on order so I'll take care of that while I'm there.

Jason

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse #7  
Let us know what you figure out. Thanks for starting the thread. Someone will use it later. :)

/ DK40SE moves slower going forward than reverse
Finally has some time to sit down and look at issue and I noticed the rod that connects the forward pedal to the transmission had a bend at one end.

Took it off, made it straight again and adjusted the pedals so that they are level with each other and things are back to normal.

Glad it was an easy fix.

Jason