DK4220SE HST PTO question

/ DK4220SE HST PTO question #1  

JT MONEY

Tractor
None yet
I just looked at a new DK4220SE HST and am really liking it. My question comes to the horsepower rating and pto on it. Kioti’s website lists the horsepower at 39.6 and the PTO hp at 29.1. I’m wondering if that will be an issue with running a 6 ft rotary cutter? I’m also curious why such a loss for hp to the pto as the CK4020SE HST has the same engine and shows pto hp at 33.5. This just seems like either there is a typo on the Kioti website or the DK hydro robs that much power. Any insight?

/ DK4220SE HST PTO question #2  
Probably different HST pumps. The HP is just calculated and normally will not be spot on. You may dyno the tractor and find it produces 35 at the PTO, or 27 at the PTO.

But you are in the range for the 6’ mower. You may have to slow down in thick stuff or take smaller swaths but it should handle it just fine.

/ DK4220SE HST PTO question #3  
I would check the specs on you rotary cutter for required PTO HP. Off the top of my head,I would assume you’d be OK running a 6’ rotary cutter as I run a 5 dotter on my JD’s 18hp PTO.

/ DK4220SE HST PTO question #4  
I think you will be just fine with that HP. I’m running a 5 footer with 18hp at the PTO on my JD.

However, i just bought (2wks ago) a DK 4720SE HST and I’ve had nothing but trouble as soon as I unloaded it from my trailer. One thing after another. The first thing I noticed was a coolant leak. I then noticed that I wasn’t able to slowly raise the 3pt hitch… very erratic and jerky for using a quick hitch. When I reached 3hrs on the meter, a strange noise developed in the steering hydraulic area at operating temp… sounds like a failing water pump on a car. At 5hrs, a hydraulic leak developed behind the R5 rear wheel where linkage enters the trans. A real LEMON. it should have been painted Yellow.

Two weeks out for warranty service. However, depending on the complexity of repair, I’ll probably ask Kioti to replace it. You should be aware of the steering wheel noise, as several others on this forum have complained about it... and service techs don’t know how to fix it from what I hear. If you decide to buy it, check the 3pt hitch and try to raise it slowly.

I was really taken back by these issues as my 2009 CT35 Bobcat (Kioti) was a great machine. This is quite frustrating, as I really wanted to like this tractor. At the moment. I’m having buyers remorse And sorry I didn’t check out other brands more carefully.