DK45S attachments & question

/ DK45S attachments & question #1  

fastpat

Silver Member
Starting a new thread on attachments for my new DK45S.

KiotiJohn & Motorseven mentioned that I need a post hole digger. Already bought one, a Massey-Ferguson 900. My Kioti dealer also sells Massey, hence I own two Massey attachments now the other being a 6 ft. box blade. I just need some orange paint and a few Kioti decals. I used the PHD for tree planting, dug seven holes in less time than needed to do one by hand. I just widen out the hole the nine inch auger makes to accomodate the tree roots. They're fruit trees that are shipped bare root.

Now I have a question. I see that the FEL is listed as having a "universal" quick attach" mechanism for the FEL bucket. What are the specifics for this, is it the same as most skid steer's have, or some other "univiersal" standard?

/ DK45S attachments & question #2  
Hi,
That is correct, you are able to hook up to most skid steer attachments. Like forks, bale spears, grapples etc.
Be careful of the hydraulic powered items like brooms as they will require more hydraulic volume than the tractor provides.
If you want to run some of the bigger hydraulic motors you will have to put a seperate pump and resevoir on the PTO.
The universal plate allows you to run a lot of different equipment, unlike some of the other brand specific quick attach systems(John Deere).
Hope this helps.
By the way, I used to work at the Ford dealer in Travelers Rest(20yrs ago) I lived in a little town near Greenville, SC home of shoeless Joe...
KiotiDave

/ DK45S attachments & question #3  
The skidsteer implements are hugely hydraulic flow greedy. The SS has 80-100+ horsepower spinning a huge pump to provide that flow. Even with a PTO pump, you can't come close to what the more thirsty SS implements need.

Think tree shear, grapple, snow blower, huge light material bucket, rock breaker, etc. From rental yards or lots of used implements floating around too.