Dk50 seh ball joint play

/ Dk50 seh ball joint play #21  
If we were seeing this problem more often I would agree.
But this is the first time I recall ever reading about this issue on the steering joints

I agree with the above. Yes, the outer boots are vulnerable to tearing, and Kioti ought to offer the boot as a separate item, but they choose not to. Such is life. Kioti replaced your parts under warranty, as they should, and now you know what to do and to look for going forward.

/ Dk50 seh ball joint play
Now that the new parts are in, I was thinking about using a grease needle on my grease gun to inject grease into the joint(through the boot) so this does not happen again. I could also tap in a grease nipple but I am afraid of damaging the joint. Any ideas or let it be?

This an old thread with an old problem ressurrected. I just serviced my Dk50 at 255 hrs today. Changed engine oil/filter, hst and hyd filters and went through every nut and bolt. Upon inspection by jacking up the front the steering play is back. Both inner ball joints that attach to the steering cylinder have play again. If i remember correctly last time they were replaced under warranty at 105hrs. The dealer said Kioti informed him that it is a wear item but will cover it this time. So here it is around 150 hrs later and they are worn again. What is the story on these? They are obviously a flawed design if they wear out every 100 to 150 hrs. Kind of absurd especially when the parts are about $400. Today I tapped in a grease fitting on both side and put in a couple pumps and they tightened right up. Hopefully this will extend the life of them. I did notice that the steel ball in the joint rides in a plastic sleeve. This is probably why they wear out so easily. Any other owners have these wear out so often?

/ Dk50 seh ball joint play #24  
Curious. My 2006 DK45s (not SE) came with grease fittings at both ends of both steering cylinders. I think it odd that Kioti would eliminate these on the new, improved model. Do other SE owners have grease fittings on these cylinders?

/ Dk50 seh ball joint play #25  
I tore a rubber boot on my CK30 once and got a new boot from Repco Auto Parts. . Fitted good and no further problems.

I called the dealer to let them know they failed again. The service manager agreed it is absurd that they do not last longer than that. I told him that i tapped them for grease fittings and hopfully can get some more life from them. Being that Kioti considers them wear items( no warranty on them) I will not be spending the $410 for the parts until they are ready to fall out. I also sent Kioti an email explaining the failure rate of the parts and maybe they will take it up and redesign the parts. I would think i am not the only one with this problem.