DK55 Can't lower 3 pt

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt #1  

curly

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti CK35 HST
I was doing some heavy duty bush hogging and now I can raise or lower the 3 pt. I have hydraulic top link and hydraulic side link and they both work fine. There are 2 handles that work the 3 pt raising and lowering. The
right handle if for the float. The right handle absolutly won't budge, the left handle will move, though it does not do anything to the 3.pt.

I was thinking that there was a branch wedged into the linkage somewhere but so far I haven't seen anything like that.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I still have my bush hog on there. Can't get it off if I can't raise or lower it.

Thanks,
Curly

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt #2  
The knob that adjusts the MLS (lifting speed) might have advertantly gotten turned off.
Its below the seat near the platform floor, my foot often moves it and causes it to not allow the 3 pt to go up or down. I always panic til I recall this is what happened.
Just turn the knob about 20 degrees and my bet is you will be fine.

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt #3  
The 3-point lever closest to the seat is the draft control. Make sure that lever is all the way forward, then check the 3-point speed control knob on the panel below the seat and make sure it isn't turned all the way clockwise. If it is, open it 1/4 turn.

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt
Well, it's in the shop now. A pin came out of the hydraulic side-link and caused some damage to be done to the linkage back there. I haven't got an estimate yet on the repair costs.

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt
Crocky, it's gonna cost me $1500 for this repair. He's gotta take the top off of the tractor to replace the linkage parts that are damaged.

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt #6  
While I'm not trying to second guess the repair facility, I should think that just removing the wheel would give plenty of access to the linkage. In any event, repair work of any kind; car, truck, boat tractor, is getting ridiculous

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt
Well, he called Kioti several times and talked to technicians who advised him how best to handle this specific repair. I do trust his honesty and have used him for service and other repairs since I have owned the tractor.

It's over my head so I'm just sorta trusting :confused2:

/ DK55 Can't lower 3 pt #8  
Over your head or not, there are some jobs that, even though you are perfectly capable of doing it yourself, are better left to someone who does it all day every day. I would have them do it, that way it's done and done.