DK55 Throttle problems

/ DK55 Throttle problems #1  

curly

Platinum Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti CK35 HST
This is a manual shift. I've had this machine for about 5 years and still love it. But there is definitely something weird going on with the throttle. This morning I was out grappling some piles of brush and dumping them in a large ravine. And suddenly the throttle wouldn't move off of idle. This has happened dozens of times where I put it on idle and it won't come off. I end up having to retire it for the day. And then incredible the next day it will be fine again. I'm not talking stiff I mean you can give it all you got and it won't budge. I thought it might have something to do with heat but a time or 2 it fixed itself even when it was still hot. I can't imagine it being a lube problem with it "fixing itself" every time. I had it in for repairs once and told the guy to have a look at it (of course it was working at the time) and he said it looked fine to him.

Any ideas how/why something like this could happen?

Thanks,
Kurt

/ DK55 Throttle problems #2  
Maybe it's a vapor lock in the fuel tank(tank vent not working)? Next time it does that open the fuel cap and see if the problem goes away.

/ DK55 Throttle problems #3  
Make sure the throttle cable is still working at the pump. I have had to use a twine to get home. A filter blockage should be more gradual but a electrical problem at the injector pump might give you those symptoms.

/ DK55 Throttle problems #4  
Curly, I assume you have a foot throttle and a hand throttle? Are both effected? Are you saying the lever/pedal won't move it that the lever/pedal moves but the engine fails to rev? My 2006 DK45S has independent cables from the two (hand/foot) throttles, is yours similar? Try to determine where the problem is. Next time this happens, pop the hood and see if the injection pump linkage will move by hand.