DK65SC

/ DK65SC #12  
<font color="blue">72" HD bucket </font>

You DO NOT want a 72" bucket for a DK65S!! 84" is much better suited for the DK65S. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> The DK65 is physically a much larger, more powerful, and much heavier tractor. </font>

I agree. I have plenty of experience with the older DK65 to agree with Dargo's opinion. I have never driven a 5030 Kubota, but have been around one before.

I was helping a friend of mine set trusses for his barn with my DK65 and homemade boom pole attached to my quick attach plate. It will reach about 25' up in the air!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

To make a long story short the guy at the end (holding a rope on one end of the trusses to help stabilize them thought my tractor was hydro!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif He didn't know I was shifting gears going to the barn from the truss pile. At the end of the day he really checked out my tractor, and he is a Kubota 5030 owner!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">What is superior on the Kioti DK65 is the 26.5 gallon fuel tank as compared to the tiny 11.4 on the Kubota </font>

Totally agree!! Fuel tank is very nice and easy to fill.

I can't really comment on the cabs of the two, except that I like where Kioti put the exhaust stack on the new DK65S. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

<font color="blue"> The DK65 did "feel" heavier and a little sluggish compared to the 5030. </font>

I can't comment on the 5030, but my tractor does not feel sluggish at all unless I would try to take off in road gear. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<font color="blue">Yes, the DK65 is "pure animal".
</font>

I agree with Dargo. In fact I think I may have said that line before!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I really like the way the new Kioti DK65S looks. It looks better than mine, BUT I do not like it with the old style loader. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Kioti needs to address that issue in my opinion.

To me it (DK65S with old style loader) looks similar to what a CK30 with DK35 loader on it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Change the loader, KIOTI.

RedDog

/ DK65SC #13  
At that price, are you sure he's not quoting you on a DK65, the older model? If you can get an S for under $30K, go for it.
Another feature some forget about on the 65 is the ground speed PTO which turns at wheel speeds. Good for some users, useless for others.
The S model has a very improved Perkins engine. I've used a DK65S and found it to be an extremely good tractor. From the outside rear hitch lever, telescoping arms and stabilizers, front/rear diff. locks, the dash that tilts with the steering so that no matter what height one is, he/she can still see the guages well. There was a lot of good thought put into this model. It also has improved air filtration and AC/Heat system over the original model.
As Dargo said, there really is no comparison between the Kubota model and the DK65. With that price, I sure wouldn't have any question as to which I'd buy. Kioti.
John

/ DK65SC
This tractor is definately not an S. It is an '04, I am told the S came out in 05.

/ DK65SC #15  
Uh, oops again. I know nothing about the '04 model. I thought you were talking about the "S" model that I'd just checked out. You'd better take KJ's advice on that model. Also, the one other item that is really nice, and I don't know why all tractors don't have it, is the 3 pt hitch lever behind the tractor. KJ knows I like that feature. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The best of luck to you. Even though I know nothing about the '04 model, I would still say that the 5030 would not compare to it. I guess sort of a nice 1 ton pickup truck vs a Mack truck thing.

/ DK65SC #17  
All I can say is I am sure glad I went with the DK65S instead of the 5030. It was not hard giving up the hydrostatic and this Kioti is a thing of beauty. So much room in the cab, got a refridgerator, water cooler and complete wood working shop behind the seat. It is big! and with the 84" loader it is wide also. Got to be carefull in tight places. You won't be sorry you went with Kioti!
Thanks,
Gary