DK90 shopping

/ DK90 shopping
oops! double post

/ DK90 shopping #52  
Hmm those are pretty good gear selections actually for my needs. Idealy it would be nice to have a couple more in the mid range but its not bad.

/ DK90 shopping
Idealy it would be nice to have a couple more in the mid range but its not bad.[/QUOTE]

I agree

/ DK90 shopping #54  
As an update:

- Our "first" DK1002 has now clocked up c.900hrs+ with no drama/no disappointment
- We've now had 2xDX100's delivered & running around the farms for sometime, though it's still early days I'm certain they'll be as good as the DK1002
- We're so happy with these machines we've also accepted the c.1200hr DK90 (below) in part exchange/trade for a truck we were selling
- Will I buy another Kioti/Daedong, you bet !! Balancing the $'s for HP & quality it's too hard to pass up the value equation - just wish they'd bring out a 200hp+ tractor too.:cool2:

Attachments

• TBN101213.jpg
    TBN101213.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 130
   / DK90 shopping #55  
I'm going to check that DK 90 out for sure. I checked out a Kubuto M8540 at guys place I was hauling hay to today. Bit smaller but for how much more Kubota wants I thought it woudl be a little nicer cab inside. Maybe the bigger model which would be what I'd want is a little different. Don't get me wrong its nice but definately a smaller cab and lighter tractor then my old Belarus 825.

Holycow have you checked out those LS tractors as I see there is a dealer in northern Alberta in Grande Prairie? The make a comparable one with a more gears, left hand reverser, 3 speed pto and it looks quite similar inside the cab. The dealer in Camrose Advertises them for 58K with loader I see on Kijjiji. More stuff means more things to go wrong I know and I imgane the Kioti will be less $$ too then. LS being a newer line out west here there is not many dealers around I think only 3 in Alberta.

This would be the the same hp as the DK90 I think.

/ DK90 shopping
Haymaker,

I did not look at the LS tractors, but in hindsight I probably should have. I do like the simplicity of the Kioti and I would be wary of the more complex LS. However, it would be a good idea, IMO now, to compare both. That LS price you were quoted is high I think??? If you shop seriously I think you will find that the Kioti is slightly more than the LS for less features, but I could be wrong. The wet clutch in the LS is certainly appealing...There was a dealer in Saskatchewan advertising a 7040 in the late spring/early summer for a lot less than 58000.

This is "out there" but years ago I dismissed Suzuki quads due to there complexity (3 ranges, independent suspension all-around, 3 gear shifters and cables and things everywhere. It turns out that they were one of the best, most reliable quads ever made. Could be the same with the LS tractors, IDK (although I'm sure they could never be considered as a premium tractor at this point...maybe in the future).

That 7040 is 97 engine HP I think. It is not as heavy a machine as the Kioti, but a considerable amount of weight in the Kioti is due to the cast wheels. One thing I was attracted to with the Kioti is the Perkins engine. Just because.

Let us know how the LS and Kioti compare. I'm curious too.

PS, read MBTRAC's review of the dk1002. It is very accurate.

/ DK90 shopping #57  
Well was in town this morn checking out a snow blade and they had a little DK90 in stock sitting there. I had a quick look at it and I'm impressed as its better than I thought it would be both tractor and loader. Sure has a lot heavier built draw bar than that Kubota I looked at the day before. Gonna have to try it out and see how high that loader lifts and its reach compared to mine. Think'n though if I spend that much coin i should go up a size but if I can get away with that one that would be good enough for me.

/ DK90 shopping
Yes that drawbar is heavy. A little overkill I'd say. Some of my old gear barely fits on it. The drawbar is pretty high off of the ground too, which made me re-set all of my gear (even though it has all worked on 3 other tractors after setting for one of them). I still have a little tuning to do on the haybine because the "angle of attack" of the cutter bar is slightly wrong now. The baler dealt with it fine. The DK is a fine haying tractor for me.

Like I said, my DK90 feels like it has all of 90 HP and then some....

I would have preferred to buy a used higher-end FWA tractor for less money, but a good one is really hard to find. Around here chore tractors normally have a pretty hard life. I would love to be able to get away with a 2wd tractor chore tractor, but I can't.

/ DK90 shopping #59  
My Valtra has a thick heavy draw bar also which makes it difficult hooking up some stuff at times. I"m sure its the same one they use on thier 200hp tractors. I never noticed if the DK's hitch was high off the ground or not but thats good if it is I like them higher up like that for haying. DK90, loader and a bucket is $54K now all rebates in and so forth. Sounded like its take it or leave it and... go see what a similar JD costs :)

/ DK90 shopping
The problem is that to get the same tractor weight you have to look at a fairly high-end tractor and then the price differential is BIG. Or else you're comparing to a mini tractor. You know, one of those little things that boasts 100hp and looks like a lawn tractor.

Don't forget about the cutting edge on the bucket. I did. So I couldn't get it "thrown-in" after the fact. A good edge is a $300.00 touch.

The little fridge/warmer thingy is kind-of handy, but a lot smaller than I thought it would be. It will fit a couple of sandwiches, a couple of drinks, and some other small stuff though. I haven't used it very much, but it does work well and it carries a medium sized lunch.