Oil & Fuel Do fuel treatments make fumes worse?

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #1  

WorkingToLearn

Tractor
Mahindra 4550
i wonder if anyone has any insight or experience with this questions, whether diesel additives such as to remove water make exhaust fumes worse?

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #2  
I’ve never noticed a different smell, but have never tried to purposely smell it

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #3  
I can tell the difference in the smell between straight summer red dye fuel and winter red dye with Power Service additive in it. It does give off a different "smell". I'm not sure I'd call it "worse", but it is different. Maybe more of a chemistry set smell? Either way I'm not going to collect it into a bag and "huff" it. But up here, the additives are a requirement to keep things running. So, there it is.

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #4  
All fuels have additive packages added at the fuel farms when they load the trucks. These depend on the brand.

All byproducts of combustion smell and really arnt healthy to breathe in

Adding 1 more additive probably wont make much of a difference.

Sounds like you have a gasser.
How could you not love the smell of diesel in the morning? :)

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #5  
i wonder if anyone has any insight or experience with this questions, whether diesel additives such as to remove water make exhaust fumes worse?

I use AMSOIL additive in my diesel fuel and I can really notice the Cetane smell when I use the "Cleaner with Cetane". I really like how the tractor doesn't rattle as much, as well as it seems to fire up a bit quicker, on a cold start too.
AMSOIL Diesel Injector Clean + Cetane Boost
Dutchy

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #6  
I use Howe’s in colder weather. My tractors are all Tier 4 final. No noticeable odor. Keep forgetting to put it in my mini-excavator and combine which are non-emissions, stink and smoke up the place especially when cold, and are seasonal use.

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #7  

Well, not knowing where in the world you are, I can only comment on an Australian product called "Fuel Doctors" which breaks down any water & biological growth to a microscopic level.

No exhaust fumes have been experienced.

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #8  
I use "white bottle" Power Service in my diesel fuel. Never noticed any change is odor. Now in my gasoline, I use Stabil. It will have a definite distinct odor in my motorcycle. It's not objectionable - just different. And it's only noticeable for that first tank of fuel.

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #9  
I can tell the difference in the smell between straight summer red dye fuel and winter red dye with Power Service additive in it. It does give off a different "smell". I'm not sure I'd call it "worse", but it is different. Maybe more of a chemistry set smell? Either way I'm not going to collect it into a bag and "huff" it. But up here, the additives are a requirement to keep things running. So, there it is.

Is it the additives people are smelling, or is it the #1 diesel that is blended with #2 diesel in the winter (I believe)?

/ Do fuel treatments make fumes worse? #10  
Diesel exhaust.... Hillbilly incense....:laughing:

Diesel fuel.... Hillbilly aftershave....:laughing: