Do I have Rim Guard in my tires?

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires? #1  

rfc143

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota 5240
I was reading a thread on the woes folks were having around corrosion caused by calcium in their tires, and want to know what I have in mine (I bought the machine used and the seller did not know).
I took a photo of the stuff: totally clear and tinted slightly yellowish. For comparison, I dissolved a calcium chloride tablet I had for de-icing my roof...predictably it's milky white. I got some vinegar and added it to both: the CaCl2 fizzes slightly, I got no such reaction from what came out of the tires. Do I have Rim Guard?

Attachments

• IMG_6749.JPG
    IMG_6749.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 126
   / Do I have Rim Guard in my tires?
This is not viscous at all; not like maple syrup. Does Rim Guard taste like anything? Can I tell that way?

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires? #4  
You for sure don't have rim guard unless there's a new version out there, its a dark reddish brown fluid. My understanding is that its made out of beet juice.

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires? #5  
This is not viscous at all; not like maple syrup. Does Rim Guard taste like anything? Can I tell that way?

For sure your joking, you never put anything in your mouth you are not positive is food grade and safe. But I will take the bait and respond.

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires? #6  
Rim guard [ sugar beet juice ] smells like mole arses ... looks and tastes like thin mole arses......

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires?
I don't think it's Rimguard then.
Thank you.

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires? #8  
The rim guard in my rear tires looks like blood and has a very sweet taste. Its as thick as maple syrup and its sticky if you get it on your hands. I have to admit, I don't know anything about mole arses nor how they taste - yuck,yuck............I guess Jerry is the resident expert in that area.

/ Do I have Rim Guard in my tires? #9  
The rim guard in my rear tires looks like blood and has a very sweet taste. Its as thick as maple syrup and its sticky if you get it on your hands. I have to admit, I don't know anything about mole arses nor how they taste - yuck,yuck............I guess Jerry is the resident expert in that area.

At my age, I've kissed a pig or two....... :)