Do I Ned vents in my new well house

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #11  
Close up the construction with out the vents. See what happens. You can always add them later.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #12  
We have a similar pump house here in mid-Georgia, i.e. about 16' x 24' x 12', metal roof with vinyl siding. A single gable vent is more than enough venting. No problem with freezing nor heat.

Are your sure you should call this a pump house? Sounds like a large shed to me. :)

Yeah, I park the Blue Djinn, both LTs, the Field & Brush mower and a bunch of wheeled and hand tools inside that.

OP, I think I'd have made it tall enough to put a regular door in. Then the height would have allowed more venting options, like maybe a solar powered ventilator fan with a thermostat.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #13  
Are your sure you should call this a pump house? Sounds like a large shed to me. :)

yeah, your not kidding about that. When we bought this place back in 2010 we saw pictures of it. Seeing the "Pump House" we though it was some sort of little church or something on the property. Nope - it's a genuine 'pump house'. Here's a picture of it:

Pump House (1).JPGPump House (2).JPG

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #14  
I initially thought I should install the vents so that the house could have some fresh air and if I have water vapor coming into the house thru the floor the vents would help the moisture escape but on the other hand the vents would pretty much negate any benefits of the insulation I have incorporated into the house. Anyone have any opinions on thei?

Thanks

Good thinking. Yes, when you build any structure you always add vents. It's pretty much impossible to tell in advance if you are going to need them or when because it depends on your ground, weather, sun/shade, foundation, and all the rest.
You put them in because it is easy to do, and you can always close them up if you don't need them.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #15  
There are no vents in my well house, and I’m concerned about the humidity there. I probably need to add them to make sure there’s air circulation. But I have to think about how to do that in the best way.

Post some pictures of your well house. It shouldn’t be that difficult.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #16  
I don't know of anybody with a wellhouse around here. Is that a southern thing? What is in the house? Around here well pumps are submersible and all we have is a vented cap on the well pipe.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #17  
I don't know of anybody with a wellhouse around here. Is that a southern thing? What is in the house? Around here well pumps are submersible and all we have is a vented cap on the well pipe.
Dug well maybe? Not everyone has a drilled well.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #18  
I bult a well house (small one, about 3' x 3' and about 2' high, with a sloping roof) about 22 years ago. No vents and no problems.

/ Do I Ned vents in my new well house #19  
Around here - very few NEW well houses/pump houses. Drilled well - pitless adaptor - storage in the basement of the house. Basements are normally vented so moisture is no problem. If its a special room in the basement - then that room will have its own venting.