Oil & Fuel Do I need to protect hydro oil filters?

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters? #1  

Gomer

Silver Member
Guys and Gals,
Has anyone ever busted the hydro filters off on thier tractors? I have a B2630and was noticing they look kind of exposed under the tractor. I run in the woods all the time and was thinking that would be a great place for a big stick to wedge into. The one sticking out the side by the axle looks most vunerable to me. Should I build a guard for them?

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters?
72 views and no one has a comment? I give up!! I will go away.:confused:

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters? #3  
Gomer. For my Kubota RTV 1100, they make a ....steel, stick stopper...It's kind of a small steel under body armor.. I'll run a check, and see if there avaolible for your tractor. So don't go away mad, We still LUV U!

thank you:D

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters? #6  
Gomer said:
Guys and Gals,
Has anyone ever busted the hydro filters off on thier tractors? I have a B2630and was noticing they look kind of exposed under the tractor. I run in the woods all the time and was thinking that would be a great place for a big stick to wedge into. The one sticking out the side by the axle looks most vunerable to me. Should I build a guard for them?
Oil filter guard someone here made. A thought starter, or indeed, the skid plate...

Now you can go away! :D :D

Attachments

• Oil Filter Protector1.jpg
    Oil Filter Protector1.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 221
crbr,
Yea thats what I was considering doing, the one on the side though looks more vunerable to me.
thanks

double,
That is an ineresting thought and might be alot cleaner and easier.
thanks
Gomer

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters? #8  
The filters on the B2630/3030 aren't nearly as vulnerable as they are on the BX's for example.... they don't protrude outside of the envelope of the main frame. Something would have to pop up at just the right angle to catch one. I haven't read/heard of it happening yet. I think the risk is low.

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters? #9  
I hit mine around a year and 1/2 ago and it dropped quite a bit of SUDT on the ground. I was able to limp it to my shed for the repair without any damage.

I've considered getting one of the Bro-tek skid plates for the BX1500, but just havent yet. I know I should, but just always forget to do it.

/ Do I need to protect hydro oil filters? #10  
There is a guy that custom fabs skid plates for tractors in Newberry SC. There is a fellow on TBN called Turkeyman.........his JD looks like a tank. You could email him for info. He has a skid plate, fobs etc.