Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers?

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #11  
Speaking of the oil; does anyone want to venture a guess as to what Shibaura ships in the trans/axles assys? When I toured the Boomer assy plant in Dublin GA years ago, the hyd system was checked and topped off as needed at the end of line first start. So who supplied the hyd oil in Japan, and who was the vendor of the week, month, year on the plant supplied oil from the overhead reels? Point being; I like to use the correct oil, but moreso the correct spec oil. I think some manufacturers like to sometimes change spec numbers to keep folks guessing, and that not to say that the oil is not impoved upon, nor weather for instance Case/IH may prefer a higher spec than say NH just because they just prefer to do so.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #12  
LRH said:
I think some manufacturers like to sometimes change spec numbers to keep folks guessing, and that not to say that the oil is not impoved upon, nor weather for instance Case/IH may prefer a higher spec than say NH just because they just prefer to do so.

finding the specs can be a nightmare.
Bob

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #13  
According to my local dealers, the same store is not allowed to sell both Case and NH tractors. It makes you wonder if it's all a marketing strategy to reduce competition between dealers after the sale of the tractors. It would be nice (probably impossible, too) to be able to read the actual performance specs, not just the spec number like MS1209, for the different fluids to see if they're actually different. I tend to think they aren't, but I'm not going to start using NH fluids in my Case to find out.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #14  
daTeacha said:
According to my local dealers, the same store is not allowed to sell both Case and NH tractors.

In a little town in Wisconsin (name withheld to protect the innocent), a dealer sells Case and NH side by side. Now, they are on different sides of the driveway, but you get my drift.
Bob

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #15  
daTeacha said:
I tend to think they aren't, but I'm not going to start using NH fluids in my Case to find out.

I agree. Unless you can get the spec sheet, not worth the risk.
Bob

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #16  
It would probably be easier to get the recipe for Classic Coke.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #17  
At our local dealer, red and blue,large and small, sit side by side. The old red/white Case/International guys and the old blue Ford guys won't sit at the counter together, but the tractors seem to get along fairly well. :) My blue tractors are 20 and 50 yrs old so I can't help with the fluid question.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #18  
When I was shopping for my TC i asked a couple of the NH dealers what the story was with caseIH as they looked identical except they were red.

one dealer smiled and said, let me put it this way, there is only one plant in Georga (or were ever it is)

another NH dealer has 2 lots in town, sells blue tractors on one lot, and red ones on the other, although you could get parts for either at both locations.

btw back to fulids topic, see if the material safty data sheets will tell you anything about the diffrences.

/ Do NH part numbers "cross" to CaseIH part numbers? #19  
schmism said:
btw back to fulids topic, see if the material safty data sheets will tell you anything about the diffrences.

That is how I did it and then took from the MSDS the name of the manufacturer, then I called them and spoke to the engineers who sent me the spec sheet. Takes time, but it works.
Bob