DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #21  
Loaning out a $20 shovel or $50 chop saw is one thing. A $15,000 (or higher) tractor is a whole other level of "borrowing".

A broken shovel is nothing. A broken tractor......not even close to the same.

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #22  
Borrowed a rear blade from a friend of mine and he mentioned it would be good to flip the edge bar on it, since it was never done before. I used the blade and before returning it started to take the edge off.

Well, I was able to loosen up only two out of 8 plow bolts, plus some other bolts were just stretched and spinning free (holding the 3pt to the blade). Out came my grinder, I cut them all, replaced bolts with new grade 5 where possible and headed down to TSC for new plow bolts - but they did not have the size. I had to go to Deere dealership to get them, but as a result I returned the blade in better shape than it was - say it is a piece of my personal pride to fix things and a small pay back to friend.

As a side note, the rear blade works completely different now when the edge is sharper:)

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #23  
CDsdad said:
No in-laws, they hate me.
I don't have in-laws, I have out-laws. At least that's what I call 'em :)

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #24  
loaned a new extension ladder to a really good friend once .... He kept asking if I needed it back ....I didn't....he had it over a year -- no problem for me, if I needed it I knew where it was....One day he showed up with a brand new ladder. Something happen? I asked. No he said, "I borrowed a new ladder - now I'm returning a new one" Like I cared....but hey .. that's the way to be.

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #25  
I have friends and family on both sides of this one. For the most part I try not to lend out anything that costs more than the friendship is worth. That way if it get's ruined I can right it off and keep my friends. For some friends that's about the cost of a sheer bolt and no more - they don't borrow stuff. I have one friend that would flat out replace anything with brand new stuff if it even got a scratch on it. That one goes both ways, we lend to each other, and take care of each other's stuff.

RobJ said:
my tractor is always broke when someone wants to borrow it. I can pull something off the engine in no time, flatten a tire.

Great line! :)

RobJ said:
But I do borrow stuff. People gladly loan me broken stuff because they know i'll fix it first and they;ll get it back running. not a big problem for me, I still get to use itand the don't mind paying for the parts.

Any chance you'd want to borrow my 6610? :)

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #26  
Spiveyman said:
Any chance you'd want to borrow my 6610? :)

Maybe a little far to go and get it. :)

It's not as bad as this Int. 384 that graced the floor of my garage for a week is it?

Rob

Attachments

• 3844.JPG
    3844.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 354
   / DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #27  
RobJ said:
It's not as bad as this Int. 384 that graced the floor of my garage for a week is it?

No, no it's not that bad. I'm just not very "handy" when it comes to fixing stuff. :) That's a hillarious picture! Did you get that thing running?

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #28  
Back to the subject, I bet someone backed into it with a car when he was not there and drove away. If the guy has always been on the level and he's a friend you should believe him. That could bend the lift bars on the three point hitch.

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long
ihookem said:
Back to the subject, I bet someone backed into it with a car when he was not there and drove away. If the guy has always been on the level and he's a friend you should believe him. That could bend the lift bars on the three point hitch.

No sign of any damage to the back of the hog, could they have rammed into the tire??

Doesn't appear to be any damage to the lift arms...amazingly. I do wonder about any stress it may have caused the axle and frame.

And he still says he hasn't any idea...I believe him.

Thanks for all the replies...

/ DO NOT LOAN OUT YOUR TRACTOR... long #30  
Yeah, I have had trouble with loaning things out too.
2 years ago I loaned my old tired Oliver 70 to a friend for a weekend for some post hole digging. He liked it so much that he wanted to buy it, but still no cash, and it hasn't come back home yet!

Needless to say, he won't be borrowing any of my other things!