Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ...

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #21  
Another story. A young couple move onto a small ( 20 acre ) property across the county road from my driveway. They live in the city but plan on moving some time this year.

So this neighbor - Joe - buys a brand new John Deere - 75 hp - 4WD tractor. Two weeks ago I see him out on his driveway - grading with his new tractor and rear blade.

To my horror - I see him grading the entire crown of the driveway into the driveway ditches. I run over and ask - "what are you doing". He is try to learn how to use the tractor and rear blade. I have no idea how much it will cost him to have this damage corrected. Hopefully - the material can be brought up out of the ditches - crowned once again - compacted.

What was once a beautifully crowned, compacted, gravel driveway is now a muddy mess.

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #22  
I'm in the same exact boat myself with a building. It's a Klene Pipe Structure 4 stall (with tack room barn, fully sided with T11 and a metal roof that I've been trying to give away for a year now as it's in the way in one of my hayfields and I have no issue giving it away but whomever takes it, must take it apart.

It's all bolted and screwed together and it's complete and in good condition and you can split it into 2 separate run in shelters as well.

Had some people look at it but no one wants to take it apart and I'm not going to take it apart and then give it away to boot.

When I bought it, just the pipe frame was over 10 grand alone.

Have no issue giving it away for free at all as my wife no longer has any horses and it's in my way now.

It's a very stout building and will last many years.

So far, lots of lookers but no biters.

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #23  
The 10 year old 10x16 shed I had was in good shape but in the wrong place. I listed it on Craigs List for $50. I got lots of calls and a few lookers but the guy that bought it showed up one day with two trucks with trailers, and a rough terrain forklift.

They picked it up, set it on the trailer, and tied it down. all in about 30 minutes.

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #24  
What was once a beautifully crowned, compacted, gravel driveway is now a muddy mess
It can be done if somebody knows what they are doing, but he still is going to have dirt mixed in with the gravel.
Ole /Pine would know how to do it if he hadnt gone AWOL... I seem to recall that he's an experienced grader operator.

Edit: I need to learn to proofread.

Last edited:
   / Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ...
I'm in the same exact boat myself with a building. It's a Klene Pipe Structure 4 stall (with tack room barn, fully sided with T11 and a metal roof that I've been trying to give away for a year now as it's in the way in one of my hayfields and I have no issue giving it away but whomever takes it, must take it apart.

It's all bolted and screwed together and it's complete and in good condition and you can split it into 2 separate run in shelters as well.

Had some people look at it but no one wants to take it apart and I'm not going to take it apart and then give it away to boot.

When I bought it, just the pipe frame was over 10 grand alone.

Have no issue giving it away for free at all as my wife no longer has any horses and it's in my way now.

It's a very stout building and will last many years.

So far, lots of lookers but no biters.

Easy to imagine a simple gentleman's agreement to remove the barn for free. Then, half way thru, the remover realizes he bit off more than he can chew and disappears.

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #27  
I basically put it up myself so I don't see taking it down to be a huge deal. I believe what it distills down to is people don't want to do manual labor for anything today, even if it's free and I sure as heck won't take it apart and then give it away, I'll sell it instead. Bolted together actually. A 9/16" socket and open end wrench can basically dismantle it.

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #28  
Easy to imagine a simple gentleman's agreement to remove the barn for free. Then, half way thru, the remover realizes he bit off more than he can chew and disappears.
Or gets injured and sues!

/ Do people sell their pole barns to be reconstructed elsewhere or ... #29  
Or gets injured and sues!
That shouldn't even be part of the equation, but unfortunately, in today's world it is. The days of personal responsibility and accountability have vanished.

You see this trend all throughout today's society. Drug addiction is the result of a disease, rather than a character flaw. If there's an accident, you look for a business or product to blame. They use the term "gun violence" rather than violence committed with a gun, as in some way an inanimate object is to blame. People lack the discipline to study for a test, so you lower the test standards. The list goes on and on.

Sorry to the original poster, no intent to hijack the thread.