Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ??

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #11  
Like freak said. Husky bars and chains are oregon. The newer oregon in LGX etc is pretty darn close in hardness to the stihl RSC IMO.

Is that the blue-cutter chain?

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #12  
Yes indeed

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #13  
Almost all saw companies source there bars and chain from Oregon. Stihl I don't know but everybody else does.

Stihl makes their own bars and chain -- I've seen a video from their factories. In fact, they now make bars in the US (alongside saws, which they have done here since the 1970s) at the Virginia Beach plant nearby me.

I definitely think Stihl cutters are a lot harder than the Oregon chains I have. A Stihl chain will wear out a file in no time. The regular Oregons are like butter in comparison. I haven't tried the blue Oregon chains.

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #14  
Stihl makes their own bars and chain -- I've seen a video from their factories. In fact, they now make bars in the US (alongside saws, which they have done here since the 1970s) at the Virginia Beach plant nearby me.

I definitely think Stihl cutters are a lot harder than the Oregon chains I have. A Stihl chain will wear out a file in no time. The regular Oregons are like butter in comparison. I haven't tried the blue Oregon chains.

I tried the oregon LGX when it first came out 2-3 years ago. It was their attempt at the Stihl chain... personally I like Stihl chain first, Carton 2nd then the oregon lgx (blue) for my work saws. The Stihl ES chain holds an edge like no other and will kill a good file in no time flat. forget those cheap no name files on good chain.

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #15  
Windsor is gone per Oregon. Carlton is also owned by the same company that owns Oregon. The Stihl and Oregon descriptions on there chains are the same word for word. Stihl says that make there own chain. Oregon says for all practical purposes Stihl makes there own chain. The blue cutter is a Oregon copyright item.

Almost all saw companies source there bars and chain from Oregon. Stihl I don't know but everybody else does.

read the above post.. I don't care who owns who nowadays. Stihl makes their own bars and chains, as well as patented their "blue cutter" 15 years before oregon did. There is a reason its a little more expensive. you get what you pay for.

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #16  
I have had stihl ES bar that were re-branded oregon powermatch and made in Canada. Had 1 on my MS361 that came from Canada.

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ??
Stihl wont make a bar that works on your saw without modification.

For the chain, I'd pay your stihl dealer a visit and have him make you some. Usually around $1 per inch of bar. So a 20" chain sould cost ~$20.

But you may want to buy the bar first. That way, you can match the guage of the chain to the bar.:thumbsup:
This is something that I may have to look into and do!... My FIL owns Stihl chainsaws and he said the Stihl chains are the best!

But I went ahead and bought a Husqvarna chain/bar because I've been cutting firewood for 4 days now, and my other chain was wore out and I was down!:)

Thanks for the post!... They just opened a new Stihl store in my area and I'll go talk to him, and try to get me a Stihl chain for the next time!

Bill
Like freak said. Husky bars and chains are oregon. The newer oregon in LGX etc is pretty darn close in hardness to the stihl RSC IMO.
I didn't know that!..(learn something new everyday):)

I know the Oregon chains on my smaller saws seem to be very soft!... Have
to be careful when using a file on them!

Thanks!

Bill

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ??
i didn't think a bar would wear out with just 17 cords a year, but maybe got bent like mine did.
That was the original bar/chain that came on it when I bought it new... No, The bar isn't bent.. I just went ahead and bought a new bar with the new chain..(I can use the old bar as a spare if needed):)

This is my 3rd year using the new 455... I've cut over 40 cords on the original bar/chain... I've been cutting Oak, Beech, Ash, Sycamore and other types of wood, and most of them are from 34" to 38" round!!!:D... I hate cutting Sycamore!, But I had a couple large trees that were to close to my property.

I sure like the 455!!!.. But, I think I need a larger chainsaw with a longer bar!:)
i actually have been having a tough time with the chains out streatching their cutting tooth life. the chain will streatch too far for the saw to tighten it up enough, but there is still some tooth life left. (oilers on all saws work fine and saws cleaned regularly) so i have been putting chains on with 1 less drive link. just barely fits on when new, but lasts the whole life of the chain now. maybe i should try a different chain brand. might be better steel used that won't stretch too much.
I have a friend that has the same problem!

Bill

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #19  
Oregon bars ans Stihl chains. The Stihl chains are far superior to the Oregons.

/ Do You Buy Husqvarna Chains/Bars Or Oregon For Your Husqvarna Chainsaw ?? #20  
I have had stihl ES bar that were re-branded oregon powermatch and made in Canada. Had 1 on my MS361 that came from Canada.

The silly Canadian stihls have been like that for a long time.... Not sure why..import policies? IDK