Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #1  

NY_Yankees_Fan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2200
How to Enable a Hidden Commercial-Skipping Button on Any DVR

If you have Direct TV, Comcast, Dish, Verizon FIOS, or TiVo you can program your remove control so when you hit the button it skips forward 30 seconds without having to watch the commercial. I have Direct TV and it works great not to watch the commercial even if it is zipping by. The program you are watching has to be recorded for this to work.

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #2  
Wifey discovered this feature on our DirecTV remotes a few months ago. She thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced beard and has already worn out the button on 2 remotes!!

Last edited:
   / Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #3  
We rarely watch live TV unless it's football. We 'tape' about every show we are interested in, including the news just so we can skip the commercials. After a while you will learn how many minutes the commercial breaks are and you can just press the SKIP/FWD button quickly the amount of times required and barely miss a beat. I also use the 'sling' box to watch shows on my satellite DVR when I am traveling on business. This has made the down time in the hotel so much better.

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #4  
Dish will let you skip commercials during the recording - on "some" channels. Also has the skip forward/backward functions.

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #5  
The direct tv remote has this as a standard feature. It's the button with the arrow facing into a vertical line. Easier to skip past commercials this way, for sure.

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #6  
The direct tv remote has this as a standard feature. It's the button with the arrow facing into a vertical line...

I came to TBN to learn something and I'm rarely disappointed. Never thought that it would be about my remote.

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #7  
We bought a dedicated computer for tv watching. The small pc desktop is hooked up to our flat screen.
We use this pc for nothing else, in case of a virus you just wipe the drive and start fresh.
We use "Project free tv" every show, every season and episode. No commercials.
You also need to block the pop up ads on this site. Ad fender is free and works great.

We haven't had a cable or satellite bill for over 3 years.

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR
The direct tv remote has this as a standard feature. It's the button with the arrow facing into a vertical line. Easier to skip past commercials this way, for sure.

Yes it does BUT if you hit the advance button you will still see the commercial it goes by fast but you still see it. With the procedure noted in the link you do not see anything. Push the button 4 times and you just skipped ahead 2 minutes without seeing anything ! If you go past the show you are watching press the back button and you go back 15 seconds, you will see what you watching.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #9  
Excellent ! Thank you

/ Do You Hate Watching Commercials. Here is how to Skip them if you have a DVR #10  
Yes it does BUT if you hit the advance button you will still see the commercial it goes by fast but you still see it.
Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

Nope, it just skips the thirty seconds immediately. If you hold the button for a few seconds, it goes to the end of the program.