Do you need a Mr. Funnel?

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #11  
I am a local dealer for them (do not ship so not selling anything). The F3C flows 3.5 gpm. Those who appreciate them are boaters, small aircraft owners, snowmobilers especially those who race. I had one customer buy several because water in the fuel caused his expensive 2-stoke motor to burn down during a race he was leading.

Anything where water in the fuel can be life threatening or costly to the engine...................The price they are selling for are about what my cost on them are.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #12  
Does it remove water like they say it does?

Yes.

You can literally fill the funnel with water and it wont penetrate the filter! I tried it. ;)

I also ran some questionable fuel (I was having gel/icing issues) through it and havent had them since, however I also installed a Racor spin on filter too.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #13  
The small print says it may not filter water if there is an additive in the fuel. I use one and add additives directly to the fuel tank.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #14  
The small print says it may not filter water if there is an additive in the fuel. I use one and add additives directly to the fuel tank.

This is correct.

I suspect that if the additive was to lower the surface tension of the water it could be forced through the pores of the filter membrane with the weight of a full filter behind it. I dont imagine that happens too often but the warning is there to CYA. But I'm no chemist.

Thats also the reasoning behind the fuel that remains in the filter after filling. The filter does not go right to the plastic on the funnel so that it creates a small reservoir that is supposed to help contain any water that runs off the membrane during filling... or so I read.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #15  
This is correct.

I suspect that if the additive was to lower the surface tension of the water it could be forced through the pores of the filter membrane with the weight of a full filter behind it. I dont imagine that happens too often but the warning is there to CYA. But I'm no chemist.

Thats also the reasoning behind the fuel that remains in the filter after filling. The filter does not go right to the plastic on the funnel so that it creates a small reservoir that is supposed to help contain any water that runs off the membrane during filling... or so I read.
I don't own one but, i try not to tip the fuel container completely so as not to flush something at the bottom into the fuel tank, leaving just a bit left in the gas can.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #16  
Is the eBay item the same physical size as the illustration where it is being used to fill a chainsaw?

If so, I always use a MUCH bigger funnel when fueling the machines with 5 and 6 gal jugs.

Are other sizes available?

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel?
Is the eBay item the same physical size as the illustration where it is being used to fill a chainsaw?

If so, I always use a MUCH bigger funnel when fueling the machines with 5 and 6 gal jugs.

Are other sizes available?

They make a range of sizes, maybe 4 or 5 different models. The one with the chainsaw must be smaller than the F3C- otherwise its a big ***** chainsaw!
The ebay auction one is sized well for 5gallon jug refueling. One size larger (model#?) would also be good.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #18  
I had their largest model but didn't like it. Too much fuel getting caught in the bottom of the filter not able to run through because of the height of the filter screen that Scooby alludes to so I sent it back. Use a regular funnel with a fine mesh filter that traps smallest debris. If I paid $32 for the thing, I did not want to be aggravated so I sent it back.

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #19  
I was supprised at how fast the fuel flows through .It doesn't back up in the funnel and run over.There is a small amount of fuel that remains in the bottom after filling.Just dump it back into the fuel container

/ Do you need a Mr. Funnel? #20  
I don't own one but, i try not to tip the fuel container completely so as not to flush something at the bottom into the fuel tank, leaving just a bit left in the gas can.

Good tip!