Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart?

/ Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #21  
I have two stands. The one outside is in a pyramid shape with the top flat. I sunk 3 j bolts into it to hold the anvil and poured concrete into the plywood mold. I left the mold in place and attached wooden pegs to hang tools. It is heavy and doesnt move one bit. The inside one is a large sugar maple log that I can roll if need to.

/ Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #22  
IMG_0928.JPG
Stand is 8x16” tube filled with scrap, sharps and fines mixed with cement grout. Weighs 800# without anvil.

/ Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #23  
View attachment 623434
Stand is 8x16 tube filled with scrap, sharps and fines mixed with cement grout. Weighs 800# without anvil.

Like yourStand,I may havetobuild something like that IF my wooden stand breaks down.

I like your tool racks too, I am working on my tool rack, going a little too slow but will get there eventually.

/ Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #24  
When an anvil is on something solid it greatly reduces the amount of effort. Metal moves instead of anvil and increased rebound reduces effort to lift hammer.
Polyurethane sealant/adhesive (Vulkem 116) between anvil and stand quietens anvil.
IMG_1536.JPG
Similar base for leg vise. Jack with dolly wheel can rock base back on caster wheels to move the base. Base with leg vise about 800#. Receiver hitches on both bases for other tooling like bike vise, benders, ring roller, etc

/ Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #26  
Do whatever is necessary to procure the anvil.
They're bringing stupid money.
Let it collect dust if need be.

I have been looking one and this is true, everyone wants a kings ransom for them around here, I am looking for the one that is sitting in the weeds and they say take it or you can have it for 50 bucks type deal.

/ Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #28  
My anvil is homemade out of 2 pcs of rail road iron, 6x6 I-beam for bottom and 10" Jr I-beam for stand. Might not be as heavy as yours, but works good and is easy to move. If we had a real anvil, would probably mount similar. Put 2 pcs 1/2" flat steel under each end of 6x6 Ibeam to stabilize and lift Ibeam off floor for 2 wheel dolly to slip under. We used 10" Jr Ibeam for stand, then welded a piece of rail road iron on top for anvil. Then we made a rack to hold another piece of rail road iron to lay beside, upside down for a larger flat surface. It can be lifted out if needed.
Will see if I can get some pictures.

Well, maybe pictures someday. We started using a Linux operating system and sometimes we can find our phone when we plug it into the computer via usb and sometimes I can't seem to find the way to make them connect.

Attachments

• 20191005_185236.jpg
    20191005_185236.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
  • 20191005_185301.jpg
    20191005_185301.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 73
  • 20191005_185320.jpg
    20191005_185320.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 75
  • 20191005_185417.jpg
    20191005_185417.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 64
  • 20191005_185445.jpg
    20191005_185445.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
   / Doea Anyone Have A HEAVY Anvil Cart? #29  
I have been looking one and this is true, everyone wants a kings ransom for them around here, I am looking for the one that is sitting in the weeds and they say take it or you can have it for 50 bucks type deal.

Does it have to be a London pattern....... You can get big chunk of steel from scrap yard for pennies a pound....... Traditional London pattern anvils are high right now because everyone thinks they are made of gold because of Forged in Fire TV (drama) show...

Want good anvil, they start around 70 pounds and at about $300... Don't get sucked into high pricing for a Trenton or Peter Wright or other vintage anvils because of a name...

Anvils for Sale | Centaur Forge Farrier & Blacksmith

Also Centaur Forge gives 10% discount to first time buyers...

Dale