Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this?

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #1  

Desert Bred

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 CKC TS 254 (Fei Dong 295T1)
IMG_2272-2.JPG

it is from the power steering assembly mount where the zerk is located.

i unscrewed the bottom took out the spring, unscrewed the zero nut but the bolt is still
in
there

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #2  
Never worked on your brand before. All the ball joints I have worked on you can do two things, use what they call a pickle fork or put the nut back on (so you don't damage the threads) and hit it with a hammer. The pickle fork is a wedge U shaped tool that you drive in below the ball joint mount. This will separate the two pieces. Most any auto part store will have them.

Here is a YouTube video of one being used. Removing inner ball joint with air hammer and pickle fork - YouTube

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this?
Thanks DN- ball joint!! ah new terms.. thank you.

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #4  
You can also buy a puller which clamps to the ball-joint and presses down on the bolt to push it through the pitman arm/draglink. Or some Autozone stores will lend you the tool to do the job, I believe that's the company, others may too. Also note how many turns out the ball joint takes to remove and screw in the new one the same amount to save having to align the wheels.

:thumbsup: noted. thanks c.m

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #6  
If you're not reinstalling it, a good whack with a hammer should dislodge the stud, if it is being reused, a puller is the best bet, as a pickle fork is likely to tear the dust boot

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #7  
Smack it with two hammers. You can do the double tap (see video below) or use one hammer to back stop one side and hit the other side of the mounting bracket. It helps to use some rust penetrate before the smacking begins.

Good luck

SimS

Removing/Breaking Ball-Joint Taper - YouTube

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #8  
two hammers is the easiest way and fastest

/ Does anyone know how to dis-asemble this? #9  
Never had to use one but Harbor Freight sells ball joint /pickle forks for about $10

Thanks guys. whacked it from the top and it came out - was trying to install loader mount and it was in the way... :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: