Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears?

/ Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears? #1  

Caveman3250

Tractor
ineedhousewerks@hotmail.com
I had to remove my injection pump from 3038 and need to reinstall. There doesn't seem to be any normal markings for lining up gears. Does anyone out there have a pic or idea?
Thanks
Caveman

/ Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears? #2  
If its the PFR style pump.. no timing marks on the pump..
there are shims under the pump to set the timing.. just use the ones that came out of it & you'll be fine.

/ Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears?
I don't know what a PFR style pump is. This pump seems to be normal gear to gear mesh with access cover on front of engine to see and align gears. I am used to having one gear with a dot stamped on a tooth and the opposite gear having 2 dots on 2 teeth and the other gear goes in between the 2 dots. This one has 4 teeth with numbers on them together and then 2 other numbers in different spot on same gear. The drive gear has 2 numbers stamped on teeth. I will try and post pics later

/ Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears? #4  
That sure doesn't sound like a PFR style pump.. The PFR sits DOWN IN the block..
& is held in by a few bolts/nuts on the corner of the pump..
You might have a CAV DPA pump.. a triangle mounting flange w/ 3 nuts/bolts?? Throttle & shut/off on the top cover??
Is your drive on the pump held to the gear w/ 3- 1/2" bolts?? & is master splined/dowl pin??
IF SO, that's a CAV DPA pump.. & u took the gear out?? IF NOT, it just bolts up w/ the 3 bolts on the gear & a master dowel.. & a timing line on the pump flange that matches a like on the block..
It might be easier to send the pic to my home mail.. just put at a o l dot com after my screen name in your home mail server..

/ Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears?
Pump is similar to a db2 used on gm diesels except it ha 2 volts to mount. Also, you can remove the plate that mounts to engine with the pump without removing the pumps drive gear so there is no dowel to line up. I took pics but gotta figure out how to post in this topic...

Pics. IMG_0249.JPGIMG_0248.JPG

/ Does anyone know what the timing marks look like for 3038 injection pump gears? #7  
How about a pic of the pump & some pump #'s off the tag..
That shaft is probably keyed?? So you must of removed the gear??

The gear hasn’t been removed from pump shaft. I’ll send pump numbers as well.

Ok, here are pics of injection pump. No numbers visible. IMG_0253.JPGIMG_0252.JPG

Also, I can get it to run now, so timing must be close however it runs smoothly, will rev up slowly but after a minute or so it will slowly die. Sounds like it’s starving for fuel. What do u guys think?