Does Anyone Rent their Equipment?

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #11  
I considered buying a 110 years ago. Still have a file about an inch thick. That is a 4000 series tractor, with some upgrades, but not powertrain.

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #12  
Last time I checked the rental yards in Spokane - 25 miles away - about the only item I might ever use - walk behind rototiller. They have absolutely no 3-point implements. Now this was twenty years ago - things might have changed but I really doubt it.

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #13  
I considered buying a 110 years ago. Still have a file about an inch thick. That is a 4000 series tractor, with some upgrades, but not powertrain. There were reports about the frame flexing when going over rough terrain with a loaded bucket, resulting in the fan hitting the shroud! Sorry, for something that is Yellow, in my books, that's flimsy.

And if you look under the machine without the "optional" belly plate, that is not flimsy, it's extremely delicate!

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #14  
I considered buying a 110 years ago. Still have a file about an inch thick. That is a 4000 series tractor, with some upgrades, but not powertrain. There were reports about the frame flexing when going over rough terrain with a loaded bucket, resulting in the fan hitting the shroud! Sorry, for something that is Yellow, in my books, that's flimsy.

And if you look under the machine without the "optional" belly plate, that is not flimsy, it's extremely delicate!

I’m not sure how much that matters if it falls of a truck at 60mph. And I don’t have one. I bought a 310 instead.

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #15  
Most of the equipment lease and rental contracts I have seen have pretty rock solid liability waver clauses...some include insurance...

Check if your state law considers a tractor a motor vehicle, some do. Check if your state law holds the owner and operator of a motor vehicle jointly liable for any injury to others, most do.

If you're legally liable, a contract between you and the renter doesn't get you off the hook. If the renter can't pay then you have to.

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #16  
Check if your state law considers a tractor a motor vehicle, some do. Check if your state law holds the owner and operator of a motor vehicle jointly liable for any injury to others, most do.

If you're legally liable, a contract between you and the renter doesn't get you off the hook. If the renter can't pay then you have to.
I'm no longer in the contracting business so I have not seen a lease or rental contract for a piece of equipment in at least 12 years and I have no intention of bothering to check into anything of the nature...
What I was referring to is waver clauses that prevents the renter/lessee from taking action against the rentor/lessor...A third (injured) party has nothing to do with said rental contract...

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #17  
An individual would have to be nuts to rent out his/her personal equipment.

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #18  
4570 man. A 310 is a real piece of construction equipment.

/ Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #19  
   / Does Anyone Rent their Equipment? #20  
Last time I checked the rental yards in Spokane - 25 miles away - about the only item I might ever use - walk behind rototiller. They have absolutely no 3-point implements. Now this was twenty years ago - things might have changed but I really doubt it.

I haven't found anyone around this side that rents implements. Tractors, yes, but read (all) the fine print of the contract.

Ron